Old 07-10-2015   #101
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1979
Originally Posted by restrac2000 View Post
Enjoy the show, love the character's wit. Applied by a GM to a public complaint about a your company's alleged behavior?

Hey Phillip,
I was directly involved with the incidents which precipitated all this discussion on the buzz. From my perspective, there is plenty of blame on all sides of the issue. No one is completely right or completely wrong. We can all do better. The only reason for my response is to thank you for providing some articulate messages on the subject. It's a breath of fresh air to read a post with a well thought out point of view. You seem to get your message across without needing to drag other boaters down by pointing out where they come from, or if they happen to be commercial or private. Keep up the good work!

sweencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015   #102
Boatin', Colorado
For real? You're going to sit on the computer and analyze a private vs. commercial pissing contest? Suns out, waters up, go boat.

Peev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015   #103
Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1987
Having been a guide myself and a private boater for a long time I have a perspective on this issue. While enjoying some time on Browns Canyon I have had more than one unpleasant and non-courteous encounter with River Runners guides. They are a large company and Browns is busy. It seems like the same type of behavior that occurs in highway traffic. Burned out guides give the company a bad representation and I've learned to avoid confrontations with them. They may be a great company but all of the guides don't act courteously all of the time to the public.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
jeffsssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015   #104
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
This can happen on occasion with ANY commercials outfitter, it is ridiculous to call out RR alone. And it is safe to say some private boaters can be way more dickish than any 20-something guide, especially at a ramp. It is rare I encounter either.

Someone may have had a bad day, move on.
DoStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015   #105
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
It's unfortunate that there is conflict on the Arkansas between privates and commercials. I have encountered more private boaters on all sections of the Ark in recent years that don't know how to be respectful on the boat ramps. If you are putting in or taking out keep your stuff out of the way. And here is a little secret, avoid Hecla, I have no idea why people take out at Hecla, you are missing the best part of Brown's Canyon? Seidels is not the most dangerous rapid on Brown's, learn to love it. The easiest way to avoid conflict on this very busy stretch of river is avoid peak times, pull over if a commercial trip is coming up behind you, especially in Widowmaker, keep your loading and unloading times to a minimum, get your peeps and their gear out of the way ASAP, if you are waiting for a shuttle, carry your boats to the side of the ramp and stack them. I saw a guy at Salida East totally derigging his boat with vehicle parked there the whole time. Be smart and boat smart, easy enough.
riverchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015   #106
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1982
I love RR fish tacos.

Woke up this morning at 10:13.
A hole so big, it sucked the leaves off the tree.
DesertRatonIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015   #107
BV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2
Originally Posted by shannon s View Post
Travis, I would not have posted here if you had handled that phone call the way you claim to have. You most certainly did say the boat ramp was for commercial use only and you did tell me that commercials had the right of way. You called the AHRA within minutes of this phone call to verify and were promptly told you were wrong.
I started the conversation with you in a polite and tactful manner. If you're saying it went any different than that you're lying. It wasn't until you told me they did nothing wrong, the concrete boat ramp was for commercials and we yield to you that I called you a punk and asked to speak to the owner. I apologize for the name calling.
I would not of posted here? Shannon i wouldnt of posted your crap here either. What a Dueshe. And Shannon I'm friends with many of the Rangers here, and they all say your are the typical private boater that waist their time and resources, because you get "Butt Hurt" so easily.
skinnyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015   #108
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1979
I think most of us can agree it's time for this thread to quietly expire. Not much was accomplished.

Move on and get out on the river.
sweencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015   #109
pnw, Washington
Obviously if you bash a commercial company on here every guide in the valley jumps in and creates a profile and just talks shit. Nice posts. Have another beer.
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015   #110
seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 90
The PNW laughs at you. Please get your shit together on both ends and stay out of the NW.

bucketboater is offline   Reply With Quote