Old 07-26-2015   #111
Bismarck, North Dakota
Paddling Since: 2012
Originally Posted by restrac2000 View Post
Seems like a smart, simple pressure cooker of sorts; I could see a lot of use for it on the river. Only question, how did they attach the handles (rivets, etc)? It would be a better design for a dry box if it had removable handles which would be easy to design with a keyhole like attachment that snaps vertically into place. Its size could be offset by storing food in it. It should also be fine to lob in a drop bag.

Would make cooking larger chunks of meat easier and faster for groups of 8 or more. I am sure you could set it up for braising as well. I could see doing a pork butt or even stacking some country style pork ribs in it. Lots of options.

These are the shniz! Use them all the time especially when ice fishing. Dump veggies and meat in there and 45 mins later is good to go.

Remember what the door mouse said.......................feed your head.........feed your head
sammyphsyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015   #112
Jenks, Oklahoma
"We go on the river to do all sorts of things, including eating great food. The river can accommodate us all.

restrac2000 got it just right in my opinion. When I first started boating rivers many many years ago my main goal was to get to the point where I felt I could do it, after I got the basic skill set down my goal was adventure and adrenalin, at some point I got into rafting and after a while I began to enjoy cooking and eating really good meals on a river some where. At this point, I still enjoy the meals, am past the adrenalin kick and just enjoy being outside with river buds.

I think like Philip, there is a river out there for all of us.

okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote