Old 10-16-2015   #1
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1970

I'm planning a canyon trip for spring. I have used REO for raft rentals and food, shuttle etc. - both a good experiences back in the late 90's.

Anyone have any thoughts on using PRO instead of REO? Has anyone used either company recently?

stony2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015   #2
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Ceiba. Go with Ceiba. They have immaculate gear and will treat you right.

Please take a look at my Photo Web Gallery.
I also have here some gear reviews (that I might update soon).
rivervibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015   #3
Horserump, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
Moenkopi (? sp?) They've done us right a few times. I've had mixed luck with Pro and REO it kind of seems that these companies come in and out of favor depending on how long it's been since they last replaced their equipment. Good Luck and have fun.
yak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015   #4
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
We used REO for a winter trip 3 years ago and nothing but good things to say. Also used them 18 years ago and it was not as good(gear was in rough shape)

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
salsasean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015   #5
San Jose, CA, California
Paddling Since: 1998
Pro has an

Pro has an electric water filter that comes with the rental. That puts them over the top for me.

Having pumped 16 gallons of water per day. I like that electric model.
buckmanriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015   #6
Paddling Since: 1994
Cant go wrong with PRO. They have been in the game a long time and have it dialed. They keep their gear up to date pretty well and definitely have the little add ons that make it sweet. I did a Moenkopi trip that was pretty well done, save the way to many yard o beefs in the lunch boxes (our fault maybe) and that we almost lost a boat on night one when the bowline (tied on by the rigging crew) came untied from the boat and we saw it out in the eddy. Something the boatman could have, maybe should have checked but didn't. REO gear seemed pretty dated the last few trips I have seen running their stuff, though that may have changed in the last couple years. I'd go with PRO or Moenkopi if I was going to do a painless type trip.
zach baird
zbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015   #7
Canon City, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Originally Posted by zbaird View Post
Something the boatman could have, maybe should have checked but didn't.
Make that, Definitely should have. Can't blame anybody buy yourself if your boat isn't tied up. And in a place where it can REALLY matter, tie it up twice.

+1 for Moenkopi
climbdenali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015   #8
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1987

+1 or +2 for Ceiba! We have done 2 trips with them. Food is the best, gear is very up to date.
Any Day on the River is Better Than----
superpuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015   #9
Summit County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 92
Pros gear is awesome, food is awesome, id just recommend requesting not to have Beth as your check in. Ive never felt so disrespected by river folk as I did her. Her dynamics made our rigging day and night miserable for the group.
Quiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015   #10
Hood River, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2163
Go Moenkopi. Hands down. Brady and his team are awesome. My friends and I have used Moenkopi several times and have a few different stories where they've gone well beyond even normal expectations of good service.

The best example is when Brady went out of his way to save our last trip from disaster after we had already put on the river. We'd rented two full rigs and brought two of our own. When a poorly constructed personal frame on a personal boat cracked/bent on day one, we sat-phoned Moenkopi. Brady drove back to the put-in from Flagstaff and got his next group to row a new frame downstream to our camp.

David Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote