Schutzie (as usual) joins the party late. Damn job.
Anyway, I'd go on the trip and have some fun with it. You know, shit like;
1) Pick the most citified, neediest, least healthy member of the group and ask them if they know how to blow up the boat (or put the oars on, or get it off the trailer ...... whatever, you get the point)
2) When ready to launch sit in the nose of the boat and conduct yourself like a puppy on it's first car ride. Keep asking "so what are we waiting for?"
3) Ask everyone if it's OK if you carry a knife, you know, since neither your probation officer or therapist are there, and you've been pretty good about taking your meds. Roll your eyes as you say this.
4) Put your legs through the armholes of your life jacket and ask someone how you adjust it.
5) Drink. Excessively. Very excessively.
6) If there are young females or young males on the trip, ask the parents which tent you are sleeping in. Mention that you prefer sleeping nude.
7) Insist on being addressed as "Major Powell" and explain that you are his reincarnation. If they don't know who Powell is, engage in long, rambling, disjointed stories about rafting the Grand Canyon and the Civil War.
Mention that you are a pro choice Muslim trust fund baby. Engage in political discussion at every opportunity.
9) At random times stand up and scream NO! I LIKE THESE PEOPLE! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME! STOP TALKING THOSE WORDS TO ME! Do this also at least once a night after everyone is asleep.
10) At meals eat only with your fingers, no matter what is served. Don't explain and don't answer any questions about your habit. If people make comments it might be a good time to follow item 9.
You get the point. It's a river trip. You want to see the river. You know you can have a good time. You also realize you are being used as a bus driver by a supposed good guy for a bunch you don't know, likely will be irritated by, and would not be likely to raft with in other circumstances.
Go see the river and have fun with it. After all, it ain't like you're hoping for another invite later, right?