Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2013   #21
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
I bought firewood permits this year and they admitted they mailed them to the wrong address. Took a while to figure it out and by then I couldn't get into the area where the permits were for. The USFS told me straight up, even when it's their fault - no refunds. The best they could do was give me permits for next year which may or may not require another six or eight phone calls. At least you got the money back.

I think that your 'people' are probably dying inside a bit at the fact that you are taking to an internet forum to whine about getting a refund a few months later than what you deemed it should be.

They likely don't have much in place to deal with refunds in spite of what you were told.

So imagine this instead of all caps "NEVER WHATEVER.....NAVAJO AGAIN" you said

"Hey guys just a heads up if you are looking for permit refunds from the San Juan Navajo in can take some phone calls and a while to get it." Totally different story right?

I know you are not a bad guy, but you are sounding pretty whiny for a guy who just got $180 back.

Is the river half empty? Or half full? You got on the river and had a good time and got some money back.......hmmmmmm

Old 12-05-2013   #22
colorado, Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
carvedog, you know I would probably never had said anything if it wasn't for all the shit that I dealt with that I DID NOT mention on the orginal post. You have no idea what I was told and I was treated. It took a whole look of shit to make me this pissed, is that not evident. And for the logic of a refund system or not, I do not care guys. ALL I KNOW is what I was told, it is not my place to ask questions on if it makes sense or is it fair. I was taking it a face value and nothing else. I have said enough and am tried of seeing other government agencies compared to this because THEY are generally crap as well.

Old 12-05-2013   #23
montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999

This is in response to the pm you just sent me.

If you read my post, you may notice that I did not call you a racist. I pointed out that part of your original post sounds racist. If that is not the case you can explain what you meant.

I am referring to the following passage:

This really makes me sad and also angers me to no extent. I am part native American myself and I am proud of my heritage, but the way I was treated is exactly why they have the reputation that they do now. They have the choice, but choose not to take the high road. And I will say it was not just one person I dealt with. It was multiple people. They just don't care. PERIOD. I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH THE "REZ" AGAIN. I refuse to give any more money to an entity that will not honor what they say. I know my "people" including the Navajos were done wrong many many years ago. However, that is in the past and is no reason at all do intentionally deceive and manipulate the current population now. AND no I never told them I was native American, but that should not have made a difference nor should it....
You seem make it clear that your beef is with Navajos in general. If this is not the case then explain your above statements.
Old 12-05-2013   #24
Bozeman, Montana
Dude if you don't see it there is no use of wasting my time I told you how I feel I was born on a "Rez" as you call them. Talk about your people and than group the Navajo together. And act like its not racism Man yeah the past was the past, Still doesn't change the facts that they are still their own nation they honored your money refund! Obviously the money meant more to you than them. Than you complain like a bigot. Yeah I have some serious issues with all that so good luck with life hope you figure it out. Next time I suggest you pay the permit for stepping foot in the canyon as they were and are in my eyes the true "owners" of that land and honor your relatives!

You are lucky my friend, respect is sometimes not see
Old 12-05-2013   #25
the administration dude. That is what I am referring to. Not to everyone that lives on the rez. I was warned by other people that work in and around the administration of the Navajo and YES that warning that I foolishly pushed aside was proven correct. I am not referring to a RACE of people but the government entity that I had dealt with, jesus do I need to spell out everything in exact English? NOTICE I SAID DEAL WITH THE REZ, that means the damn government! please read
Old 12-05-2013   #26
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
We have always just factored the permits into the cost of the trip. Sometimes we use them sometimes not. Just the cost of recreating now a days. At the end of the trip I never thought about a refund.
Old 12-05-2013   #27
yea I would agree 100%, UNLESS the lady on the phone says" don't worry about it, buy as many as you think you might need cause you can get a refund if you don't use them"....

want to comment on that when you are told something like that?
Old 12-05-2013   #28
As for "know it all Casper Mike" let me ask you, so I make a derogatory comment about the Navajo Nations government and suddenly I am a bigot? stupid of you yes because you have no real information to base that off of, but tell me what do you tell someone when they say that the US government is equally or more corrupt and can't be trusted AT ALL??? I am waiting to hear that one?? Does that make that person a bigot as well?

Please tell me what kind of generic negative term are you going to blindly call that person????

You know virtually nothing about me and then say I am a bigot. Interesting......

I don't remember the last time I called someone something like that without knowing much more about the situation because I don't quickly make judgments like some in this forum do evidentially.........

Looks like you are drinking plenty of Kool-Aid as well. That is the name calling blame game Kool-Aid. yea forget the facts, just put a negative label on someone game. Doesn't matter if that person has a valid point.... throw them under the bus because they might have made a NON pc comment, yea lets play that game..... damn stupid that is.

My let down is that I thought I could trust this administration more than our current US government, but evidently that is not the case. AND that my fellow boaters that are even paying attention is the point I was making.
Old 12-05-2013   #29
Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Meh they took a few bucks from least they didn't kill your family, take your land, round you into concentration camps called reservations, AND lie to you!

Apache here...what are you and how much?
Old 12-05-2013   #30
Bozeman, Montana
"NEVER EVER DEAL WITH THE NAVAJO NATION!!!!!!! Sounds like intolerance to me

Closed Thread