dork, confusion
Paddling Since: 2000
M wave

chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015   #12
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
Don't forget about the Taylor....Dam release, most years you can run it into or even through September. You can be from Montrose to the put-in in probably 90 minutes.

Plus, while the season is much shorter, the Lake Fork isn't that far away either, nor is Anthracite Creek, which is underrated in my opinion.

And here's a shoutout to Gunther. That guy and his energy will put 20 year olds to shame! He'll get you out and motivated!

"Don't f$&@ing eddy out, just run it! Whaddya doin??" -LMyers
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015   #13
$5 shower
Historic Montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
Originally Posted by gunnerman View Post
Welcome to the western slope. I think you will find lots of close outdoor treasures to be had in this area. I have managed to get a good list of local kayakers and keep good info on all our best close river runs; including the best flows for each. Most of our group is an older bunch so we do mostly class III but keep it lively with harder class III. I kinda organize most of our runs by calling everyone to see who wants to run what!! Also have several good contacts who know the mountainbiking circuit real well. Give me jingle at 970-497-6512 to keep in touch, Gunther!!
Hey Gunnerman,

Would you put me on your list? We may know each other already, I guess. I've been in Motown since 99 but I mostly fish. I've got an IK but it didn't go in the water too much until recently (mostly with new waterpark). I haven't been in a hardshell for years but I'm thinking about trying it out again.

Ken W
970 two seven five 2100

Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote