Old 08-18-2014   #11
Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
We've been using River Shuttles out of Salmon for many years with no issues. The OP has been given several good choices, but all of them are going to be about the same price. $350ish is the going rate for that particular shuttle. I doubt you'll find one substantially lower.

"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love....and then we return home."
Australian Aboriginal Proverb
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014   #12
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
yeah there is this little thing called the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness that gets in the way. It is a very long drive.

I always tip my drivers ahead of time too. $30 to $40 per rig. Not what you wanted to hear I am sure. But if you do it yourself it is a very beautiful drive through some very scenic parts of Idaho.

carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014   #13
Shuttle is both shorter and cheaper if you float North Fork to Riggins.
Plus a few more days on the Rio, always a good thing!
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014   #14
Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1982
We just got off on the 21st. We used Central Idaho River Shuttles for the first time. They were cheaper than Blackadar and River Shuttles who we have used in the past. No issues.
We also took out at Spring Bar, which adds 13 miles to the trip, but it's usually about $25 cheaper than taking out at Cary Creek.
tmacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014   #15
Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Blackadar. I have used them twice and am very happy with them. Plus if you are coming from Colorado then you should drive right by their shop. I always prefer handing my keys over a day ahead of time instead of leaving them in the gas cap or whatever... Also worth mentioning, the grocery in Salmon is closed on Sunday. Otherwise, they have everything you need including the "good solid ice" block ice, dry ice and great meat and veggies. Have fun!

Fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote