Old 10-28-2015   #81
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Can you run this or the other drops in a kayak?

mattoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015   #82
East of the Pine beatle, Colorado

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

Osseous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015   #83
westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 92
Interesting banter about what a 'shit show' is. lol Some of these buzzards must live down by the river with that kind of time on their hands for 9 pages of
I would call this a yard sale on 'the property'
At the end of the day - having floated/fished "the property" run for 15 years - it is one of the most beautiful, diverse pine canyon, scenic runs in the state. It used to have massive fat, slimy fish...and more browns are being caught which is cool.
It seems from the responses that the ranch employees have gotten quite a bit more wife and I got our picture taken by a caretaker off the bridge by the residences landing a hog...granted nothing came of it...

But, concerning general floating/captaining on WW & having digested the 'shit show' of responses about this group - one has to ask - if one captain in the group can't "read and run" Class II/III water then you're naturally going to have problems on a river surrounded by private land.
I just bought a mini-me and without putting in on the BVR - I've assumed that sized boat could get sticky in 1 of 3 diversion due to the absolute artificial nature of these rapids. We'll gear-up to swim when the time comes...not to mention, the group ran it under 850cfs. I think over 1000 is PRIME paddle boating for BVR.

PUSH or paddle over them - the diversion rapids create perfect pour-overs, hence slight re circulation.. Find the center tongues - dont "run left" on any of the diversions.
That group won't be the last to under estimate the diversion and enjoy a cold swim and a cold beer!
At least they didn't get a fishing boat yard sale - that's a hell of a lot more expensive than the chills...
I found a fly-reel in the river last Sunday (green maravia spider san juan frame) - fishy yard sale? lol
spiderguide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015   #84
The ranch

Like everyone in Summit county I have heard all the stories about boaters getting hassled by the ranch employees. I have run it many times and newer had any trouble from the owners or his employees myself. Is there anyone out there who actually had trouble from the Jones people or the local law?

zercon is offline   Reply With Quote