Old 10-10-2015   #21
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Check craigslist around here, type in raft, fishing raft etc. I check all the major cites even out to Boise Id, Seattle Wa, Portland Or. You can find all kinds of stuff.

Riverbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015   #22
Montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
I really only boat to fly fish. Have a 13 ft NRS otter with DRE fishing frame. Almost always have 2 anglers and a rower. Plenty of room for day floats with cooler and lots of fishing stuff. Works really well for me. No harm in 14 ft except extra cost and might be tougher to get through tighter places. Highly recommend an anchor for fishing. For what it's worth I've done a lot of guided trips all over the west in both drift boats and rafts. Most guides who use a raft seem to lean toward 13' from what I've seen. I wouldn't let anyone into my boat with studs on their wading boots

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz

gunniflyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015   #23
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978

Check out our 2 man fishing rig. You can put a 10.5' RMR under the frame and save $ We are doing 10-15% off these packages. Give us a call if interested.
719 539 9323

Blue Wing Olive Custom Built Raft Fishing Frame Package - Riverboat Works

Riverboat Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015   #24
East MT, WestMT, Both sides of the Yellowstone
Paddling Since: 09
Heres a 13' rmr and a sotar strike. The strike is a slick rig. I added a pic of the 10.5 loaded on the Middle Fork, it would be an awesome two person fishing rig.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MFS 2015 027.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	10598  
spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015   #25
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Ditto gunniflyfisher: no one is allowed on my boat with cleats. I had a friend unscrew all his cleats once, which he was happy to do cuz he was getting a free float day.
dafewillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015   #26
Western Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
I have had a RMR 13 ft with I beam floor and full NRS fish frame. Plenty of room for 2 anglers and me. She is a hog so I keep it trailered. But is bomber. I have not rowed other rafts other than my mini me so cannot comment on how it tracks compared to other sized boats. Heavy raft so if you are going to roll it beware. Several threads on good and bad of RMR here on buzz. For the price point I have been very happy. PM if you want to float the Gunnison, you can be on the sticks and see what you think.
fourtyfloater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015   #27
Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2014
Thank for the replies. I have boots that have interchangeable foot beds so it's an easy task. I personally wouldn't let anyone in my future boat if they had studs. I've always wanted to float the Gunnsion, I could compensate you with some cash if our schedules work out. I'm attending Colorado Fire Camp for my Red card next week. Sotar are really nice boats, anyone aware if they offer pro deals? I'm assuming a drip stitch floor will make it a lot heavier and harder to roll up ? I was thinking I could rent a storage space in the summer and just park the trailer with the assembled boat on it so I wouldn't have to disassemble it every time. For winter I can just pack her down tight and store it inside.
802flyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015   #28
Silverthorne, Colorado
Why did you buy the Otter? Did you look at other rafts or other models of NRS?
Old 10-11-2015   #29
Dundee, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1989
There are some brave, strong souls who roll their Sotars, RMRs, or Maravias, but it sucks to roll plastic boats. I think Aire is the exception on PVC/ Urethane boats being easy to roll up. I went with a buddy on the Deschutes last month. He rolled up his 14' Riken self bailer, set it on a receiver hitch cargo rack, along with the frame and oar blades. I could never do that with my Sotar. Mine is a trailer queen, all of the time.
Wishing I was on the river instead of surfing the web...
Learch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015   #30
Silverthorne, Colorado
Thanks for the reply learch. I'm waiting to hear back from a few more manufactures, but I'm highly interested in the NRS Trib HD and the rocky Mountain raft, both in 13. The NRS website said the HD tributary was made with new material. The specs look similar but if anyone could point out the differences that would be really helpful. They are very similar price wise.