Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Boaters Forum | General Boating Topics

Old 01-21-2015   #1
GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Local kids ski club looking for help from boating community

I apologize for the spam but I know the whitewater community could help. A small ski club called the Sunlight Winter Sports Club (in Glenwood Springs, CO) is in a contest to win $25,000.00. We need to have the most votes in a video contest that is tied to the 2015 Skiing World Cup World Championships. If the club gets the most votes by February 14th it wins. The link is: http://woobox.com/j4q543
Please vote for the Sunlight Winter Sports Club.
If you are wondering if this is worth your effort let me tell you a little about the ski club. We have over 100 kids each year participate in 2 programs. One is a competitive age class race program where kids compete all over Colorado. The other part is called Buddy Werner. BW consists of 8 weekends where kids ski with a volunteer coach and learn the basics of slalom and GS racing. In reality it is as much of sticking a pole in the ground and having them turn around it as it is a specific race program. Each year the kids who are involved progress at t very fast rate. Most of them do not go on to ski race competitively but they do learn a great ski foundation. The club has 2 paid people and about 30 volunteers. Any money that is won will be used on equipment to ensure a great experience for these kids for years to come. Your vote helps.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and to vote. And, come ski Sunlight on powder day. It really is a fun area.

Mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015   #2
, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Címon folks show some support for Sunlight Winter Sports Club, now I am not at all affiliated with SWSC but I was involved in a similar program in southern CO, Wolf Creek to specific, and while I never made it to racing on the World Cup circuit it did provide a great foundation for my involvement in skiing that continue to be strong some 50 years later, so vote to help the kids of SWSC also donít forget to watch the video is pretty good as well. It would be great if they won the Grand Prize!....

one_elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015   #3
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Vote cast.

I learned to ski at sunlight over 25 years ago, I love that mountain and y'alls program sounds great for the kids!
k2andcannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015   #4
C. Springs, Colorado
Looks like you have to be a Facebooger to vote or view it.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015   #5
GWS, Colorado
Thank you all for the support so far. Here is a more direct link

Old 01-21-2015   #6
friend of the fork, knife, and spoon
peterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015   #7
Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
I didn't sign in and I think it took my votes (one yesterday and one today...)? Just hit skip and then click on the vote button for the sunlight video.
Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back. - Agustus McCrae
elkhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015   #8
GWS, Colorado
Thank you everyone who has helped so far. Here is another way to get there.