Old 02-25-2016   #11
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 95
Sure you didn't take that from a Tom Robbins book?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016   #12
Dirk Pitt?

Or Clive Cussler?

zercon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016   #13
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Originally Posted by TysonSmith View Post

We actually met this guy when our group was camped at Surprise Canyon. He rolled up on us about 45 minutes before sunset, we saw he was paddling solo so we waved him in. He was paddling a Tornado, so I don't think he was attempting a speed run, but he introduced himself as Galdabar Johnson, probably a fake name, but told us his friends called him Spider, so we all called him Spider. Picture the 6'2" version of the statue of David. He told us he was on a 6 day poach and had a really epic story, too long to type, but made for an epic camp fire tale. He said he had rolled up on the Rangers at Pumpkin Springs, told them his tale, gave them his information, and they let him continue his journey with the assurance he would be held accountable at a later date...

Needless to say, we invited him to stay with us, he accepted, and we fed him steak, smoked blunts, and did key bumps as we took turns singing songs around the camp fire. He played songs from some cowboy opera that none of us had ever heard before, one about 24 lbs of Bullets and Steel, which was an awesome tune, but can't find any other recordings of. Anyways the guy ended up sleeping with the TL's daughter, who is hot, even by Texas standards, waking us all up in the middle of the night. The TL didn't even care, I think he was just proud his daughter was hooking up with someone so legendary. He was gone by sunrise. If I ever see him again I will refer to him as The Leg, short for The Legend.
It was great to meet you guys, if only for a brief time. Thanks for dinner!
jmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016   #14
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Originally Posted by jmack View Post
It was great to meet you guys, if only for a brief time. Thanks for dinner!
I KNEW it had to be Josh!
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016   #15
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
What a great name to be remembered by.

I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016   #16
glenwierd, Co.
Paddling Since: 05'
The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.

I'd take that deal n crawfish, then drill that ole devil in the ass.
Panama Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016   #17
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I fought da law and da law won!!!

Sigh.... Any Flagstaff defense attorney feel like taking this case pro bono publico? Gotta appear in court April 4th 2016 10am.... And no I'm not going to publicly divulge any details, except if you attempt a solo poach, they will catch you.... f#$king drones..........
wsmckinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016   #18
Originally Posted by TysonSmith View Post

We actually met this guy when our group was camped at Surprise Canyon...
Galdabar! Got passed by him once, guy was hall 'n oates...

thanks for the laugh.
Hartje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016   #19
Paddling Since: 1994
To you simpletons, its Mr. Ledge
zach baird
zbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016   #20
Colorado Springs Paddling Since: 1983
He was a legend WAY BEFORE he did his Grand poach! Gnarlly knuckle-dragger. Steals women. Gives bad beta. Runs 5th class backwards sans paddle. Avoidance recommended. At least after next week's trip...

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

Mike Hartley is offline   Reply With Quote