Old 08-21-2012   #41
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1972
Originally Posted by gannon_w View Post

What program? That's where I did my dissertation just squeezed under the 5th ed. I've not read the 6th since I now get/have to follow journal guidelines.
Masters in Special Education. Initial Teacher's License. Gotta love the Purdue Owl site. Too bad I couldn't write about the Poudre, the Yampa, the Colorado, or the Ark to get through the program. I would have been happy to cite any of the new or older guidebooks.

hkydef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012   #42
Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
"its so much easier in a tube"...

tellutwurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012   #43
Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
Kudos to who? OH 420tuberCB? He dudn't run that shit anymore, just talks it up. He really just wants the black claw thrown as your getting launched off your tube on the M-wave....
ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012   #44
Well at least we've found a mountainbuzz topic that can remain a civil and informative discussion. The only question I have is whether I should I post my future APA punctuation questions in the boaters forum or in the eddy.
BrianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012   #45
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Originally Posted by gannon_w View Post
Sigh... (note improper use of periods) My post will, unfortunately, have nothing to do with boating. Just to get you guys caught up, the 6th Edition APA guidelines have now switched back to double spacing after a period. Why would one (me) know this? Just finished my program at UNC and had to learn the 5th Edition and then switch to the 6th in the middle of my writing efforts. Sigh... Sure am glad the Poudre's running right now so I can clear my brain of this crap.
Well, fuck the APA. MLA bitches!
On the river, I can abandon who I am and what I've done. However brief it lasts, while on the river I am nothing important and everything insignificant. I am flotsam, and happy to be so.
hojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012   #46
Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006

Who the hell uses MLA??? According to White (, 8/22/2012) "That's like the red-headed bastard step-child of APA."

Note the web citation! Jeeezuus has this turned into a nerdy topic!

Note two, had to edit and add two spaces instead of one after my first question posed as dictated by APA 6th Ed.!

Note three, notice I cite myself as saying something in the past which I say in the current post...circular reference warning in Excel!!!

gannon_w is offline   Reply With Quote