Old 10-05-2013   #1
Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1990
Hydro Flask Loop Cap Problem

I love these bottles! However, my loop caps broke. Shortly after the lids cracked as well (they still seal). I never had a carabiner on them. The company keeps telling me "the engineers are working on it." Anyone else have any info to share on this?

GC Guide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #2
Ridgway, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I had the same problem with the loop on mine. I called them up and they shipped me a new lid for free. So far I haven't had a problem with the new lid and it's probably 2 months old - although it hasn't seen much abuse yet. Sure love the bottle it keeps ice water in a hot vehicle all day.

ciggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #3
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I have one of the 64oz growler size flasks... its most defiantly worth the 50 bucks to have cold beer a day later. I haven't had any issues with the cap breaking/cracking maybe you have a defect? They didn't offer to ship you a new cap?
mcfarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #4
Flagstaff, Arizona
I was told to wait while the engineering team worked on a fix. I waited a month and was told the same thing. They didn't want to send a replacement that would just break again. The loops are breaking at the mold injection point. I think that a small stainless cable imbedded in the plastic would solve the problem. I will contact them again today to see what the progress is and let you know.
Old 10-09-2013   #5
Renaissance Redneck
Huson, Montana
Paddling Since: 1988
The problem I have with my Hydroflask growler cap is that it is hard as hell to open after the pressure builds up inside a little. It's holding up fine but I have to really crank on it to get it open sometimes.
"You're gonna be doin a lot of doobie rolling when youre LIVIN IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER"
LSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #6
Flagstaff, Arizona
I just spoke with customer care at Hydro Flask. They are going to ship me two new caps now. I was told that the new and improved design caps will be available at the end of November. I was told that if I contact them then, they will send two new caps to me in December also. If you have not tried this product, I highly recommend them. I fill mine in the summer in Grand Canyon from my drag bag bottles, hike for miles in the heat and have cold water to drink all day!