Old 03-11-2016   #1
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Help Protect the San Miguel River!!!

American Whitewater is currently working to identify acceptable whitewater flow conditions on the San Miguel River and we need your help! Responses from anyone familiar with whitewater paddling on the segments all the way from up high in the drainage, in Keystone Canyon, to the confluence with the Dolores will help us identify the full range of flows needed to protect whitewater recreation from water storage projects being studied by Montrose County. More details are HERE. To the take the survey please go HERE. Please encourage anyone you know who runs these stretches to participate - your feedback is important! The more responses we get, the more robust our findings will be. Thank you!

Evan Stafford American Whitewater - Southern Rockies Representative
AW-Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016   #2
Steamboat, Colorado
So, this will not only affect the San Miguel's flows, but also the flows you're trying to secure on the Lower Dolores? So sad.
Thank you guys for everything you're doing.

It's a good day to be a duck....
soggy_tortillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016   #3
Montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Ok all you western sloppers please chime in on this survey. I know that most of my paddling buddies in Montrose and GrandJunction love the San Miquel for it's diverse sections of whitewater. It does normally have a short acceptable window of flows, usually only about 8 weeks, but 4 distinctly different runs keeping everyone happy. Not sure us kayakers will influence water decisions as much as farmers or even fly-fishermen will, but I filled out the survey. Good luck!!!
gunnerman is offline   Reply With Quote