Hell's Canyon Proposed Fees - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-22-2016   #1

Twin Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1995
Hell's Canyon Proposed Fees

Not sure if this has already been posted but the public input period has been extended until September 30 if you want to put in your 2 cents.
Fee Proposal Homepage
Wild and Scenic Snake River Proposed Fee - Public Input Information
Please follow this link to the electronic Public Input form

yakenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2016   #2

Post Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
So if I'm reading it correctly it's either a $5 or $10 fee with proceeds going directly to the river corridor facilities and historical site preservation? If that's the case sounds like a reasonable fee for some work we would benefit from. Hopefully there would be some accountability built in to ensure that is indeed what happens. If that's the case sounds like a good deal for boaters, can't imagine $10 turning anyone around.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016   #3

Bazzaro, World
Paddling Since: 2020
The $5/day/person seems to be the new deal. Its been that way for rafters on select rivers for years now. Like the main salmon where they are now trying to get the 5/day/person from people with cabins on the river. I can see a day in the not so distant future when it will be 5/day/person just to step foot on USFS public land.
Old 08-22-2016   #4

Twin Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2008
Looks like an expansion of government under the proposal, fund more crews, pay volunteers stipends, etc.
TFVandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016   #5

Boise, Idaho
Blame the Republican / right wing dickwads who continually underfund these agencies.

On the other hand, user fees will be the wave of the future - better get used to it.
Anchorless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016   #6
Jared

Dundee, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorless View Post
Blame the Republican / right wing dickwads who continually underfund these agencies.

On the other hand, user fees will be the wave of the future - better get used to it.
How about we blame the Government Dickwads that waste the money we give them already?
Old 08-23-2016   #7

Twin Falls, Idaho
I don't mind paying 5 or 10 dollars a trip for Facilities Maintenance but I do not want to fund Increased Law Enforcement presence, don't think it is needed. I've heard talk of undercover on boats on the Middle Fork asking people for weed and then handing out tickets. We might as well just throw our money in the river if it's funding stupid stuff like that.
yakenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016   #8

Walla Walla, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakenman View Post
I don't mind paying 5 or 10 dollars a trip for Facilities Maintenance but I do not want to fund Increased Law Enforcement presence, don't think it is needed. I've heard talk of undercover on boats on the Middle Fork asking people for weed and then handing out tickets. We might as well just throw our money in the river if it's funding stupid stuff like that.
Maybe I just think differently but who the hell goes around asking strangers for weed on the river? Sounds like pretty terrible police work. "Excuse me stranger, have you done anything illegal today you would like to confess?"
Old 08-23-2016   #9

Portland, Oregon
Ban the jet boats.
jbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016   #10

Bazzaro, World
Paddling Since: 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakenman View Post
O, for sure. They even hide in the trees across from the camps and spy on campers. There aint nothing we hate more than pot smokers over here.

I also heard that the wolves can smell pot 10 miles away. They will sneak into your camp at night and take your pot and oats too!

Let all your friends know that they will get arrested or the wolves will eat their weed if they come to Idaho. Heheheheee.