Ban the jet boats.
Elaborate. Why ban jet boats ?

Advertisement

Old 08-23-2016   #12

Portland, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbagkayaker View Post
Elaborate. Why ban jet boats ?
They are antithetical to everything wild and scenic. Their impact on the river corridor is incredible. When they go by you feel like you're on the shoulder of the interstate. They are incredibly loud, they stink (and their stink lingers long after they've gone by), their wake destroys sandy beaches. They're dangerous to non-powered river traffic, and to themselves. They tell the same really lame jokes on their loudspeaker all the time.

How "historic use" has been perverted to encompass a 1000 hp boat with 30 people on board doing doughnuts in a rapid is beyond me.
jbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016   #13

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
O, for sure. They even hide in the trees across from the camps and spy on campers. There aint nothing we hate more than pot smokers over here.

I also heard that the wolves can smell pot 10 miles away. They will sneak into your camp at night and take your pot and oats too!

Let all your friends know that they will get arrested or the wolves will eat their weed if they come to Idaho. Heheheheee.
Undercover federal agent came into our camp on the middle fork this year. They parked upstream to not be scene, they checked fishing permits and issued a marijuana ticket to one of the guys in our group.
goldcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2016   #14

Post Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldcamp View Post
Undercover federal agent came into our camp on the middle fork this year. They parked upstream to not be scene, they checked fishing permits and issued a marijuana ticket to one of the guys in our group.
That's such bullshit! Such an inefficient use of resources. Ridiculous that you can't be left alone on what for many is a bucket list trip. That shit just burns me up and I don't even smoke.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016   #15

cedar city, Utah
With legal marijuana expanding to more states I would expect increased presence, especially from bordering states. For any agency that still buys into the war on drugs it is a completely rational choice to patrol and enforce communities and areas known for use. Hopefully in a few years most states will either be decriminalized or fully legal and people can make decisions for themselves about such relatively harmless pursuits.

Living in Utah and working in the industries I do/have has educated me that there are few safe harbors for such use and until things change its just not worth the risk.
restrac2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016   #16

Portland, Oregon
Even in legal states you have to keep your paranoia up if you're on federal land.
jbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016   #17

Twin Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
O, for sure. They even hide in the trees across from the camps and spy on campers. There aint nothing we hate more than pot smokers over here.

I also heard that the wolves can smell pot 10 miles away. They will sneak into your camp at night and take your pot and oats too!

Let all your friends know that they will get arrested or the wolves will eat their weed if they come to Idaho. Heheheheee.
Now your just being silly, the wolves don't eat the weed, I trained them to bring it to me!

"I guess it happened at Sunflower. They busted somebody for smoking grass there, then apparently got someone for rinsing a dish in the river and someone else for fishing without a license."

This is from a Facebook conversation on the subject. There's even a pic posted of the undercover. Goldcamp is this one of them that got you? Beware the over friendly middle forkers that run without permits on their boats.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13882367_10208573665930500_6393748642721809702_n.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	12232  
yakenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016   #18

Evereywhere, State of Bliss
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldcamp View Post
WHAT!

Were they in uniform or plain clothes?

IDAHO is a ssssstrange place. Keep IDAHO weird!
tteton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016   #19

Evereywhere, State of Bliss
Looks like a D-Bag cop to me! So much for being friendly to other boaters on the river now. First question outta my mouth is gonna be, "Are you a cop?"
Used to be, "Hey friend! Need a beer??"

Probably trolling these threads too.

So what happened to the usual river patrol? Those guys are cool and seemed to me doing a fine job of checking licenses, camps for trash and other reg violations. Always had no problems talking to them.
tteton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016   #20

Post Falls, Idaho
Probably some cop that couldn't get a permit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote