Old 08-20-2014   #71
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
I am so sorry to all of her friends and family. Ednaout, wow, it does not seem possible to me and I only knew her through MB. It is nice to read all of the eulogies, people like her are few and to be cherished. RIP fellow Betty Buzzard.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014   #72
CHARLESTON, West Virginia
What a Tragic Loss of a an Old Soul

Although I have not been in touch with Beth for years, I know that whatever lives she has touched along the way of her journey in life, she will be greatly missed. I heard of the news today at a luncheon with a former classmate of ours of her passing. I attended school with Beth and her brother since grade school. She was a beacon of light, a friend to everyone, and had an admirable attitude and respect for life from the time I first met her. To hear of such a loss makes me sad, not only for the loss of such a bright light, but the unfulfilled dreams and aspirations of someone so talented and lovely.
My only condolence to any who have held her close to your heart is to keep her in your memory forever.
Find a way to celebrate her life and what she loved. Create something that would have made her laugh and tell a story. Tell her story for years to come.

As hard as that may be....know that she loved every minute of what she was doing. I knew the moment I found out how she passed, and that she was kayaking. Even though I have not spoken to her or heard of what she's been up to for over twenty years.

My heart goes out to John and his family during this difficult time.

Anne Chilton

Annie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014   #73
leadville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
A tragic loss I only knew her from her posts on here, but she seemed like a great person. She didn't bash/ bad talk people when she posted. Gave me good input as a beginner. She truly cared about people and the paddling community (no matter what type of craft you were paddling). She is now mentoring us from above. Wish I got to know her personally.
g.soutiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014   #74
Moscow, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2006
My condolences to Beth's family. I paddled with her a few times. She exuded the joy of kayaking and life. May her sweet soul float on.
Rez072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014   #75
Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
Does anyone know Beth ' s favorite color?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Go Dawgs!!!
Happiness is a way of travel not a destination
erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014   #76
x, x
Paddling Since: x
I always enjoyed being around Beth, she was an amazing person, and a huge inspiration to myself and others, I think of her often and miss her. She was so fun to be around.
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014   #77
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
I remember Beth telling us this crazy story one day after boating how she has fallen out of driving car and I bet there's a bunch more on the topic. She was trully living the life to the full and it's hard to swallow she's not here anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mountain Buzz mobile app
kabzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014   #78
The last time I saw Beth was the weekend before her accident. She had just finished Numbers while I was still drinking coffee. Just running into her brightened my day. She was always a joy to be around. She's my hero for how she lived. I think a cactus heart plaque placed in the canyon would be a fitting tribute.
Grif for President!
deepstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014   #79
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I only met Beth a couple of times but her presence here was wonderful. I'll miss her heart shaped cactus that's just a glimmer of the heart she showed everyone else.

Thanks for Posting this, Hobie.

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote