Mountain Buzz banner

Garbage at Sand Wash

Tags
bag
2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  duct tape 
#1 ·
The rangers at Sand Wash have asked us (River Runners' Transport) to pass on a request to make sure your garbage at the put in is gathered up and put in bags and is secured inside a vehicle. The pack rats are getting in and tearing the bags open and the rangers are constantly picking up the garbage that is blowing around. As a side note, remember it may be a few days before your vehicles are shuttled and I'm sure the smell of baked chicken and sardines will be hard to get out of a vehicle and I know the shuttle driver will appreciate your cooperation too. You might want to limit a pre launch dinner to less stinky food so the smell doesn't become imbedded inside the vehicle. We will dump any bags that are in the vehicle but make sure you leave a note so we don't mistake a bag of clothes for a bag of garbage.

#3 ·
Thanks.

Want to use this chance to give a shout out to RR for helping me with my flat tire on our May 28 trip. For various reasons, the spare truck tire could not be used. One of the exact quotes was, "we'll get it fixed for you, just go ahead and have a great river trip".

Grateful customer,

Jon

#8 ·
I had the red Nissan frontier that stopped. You caused me to look at my trailer tires...big mistake...lol. Also someone in your group emailed RRT about our Keys from the river. THANK YOU AGAIN, it helped set our minds at ease.

"do unto others downstream as you would have those upstream do unto you" ...plagiarized....
thank you Nessy!!

#9 ·
Thanks Melanie! Hey all, I'm still looking for whoever left a Cook Partner stove stand at one of the Deso camps. If it's you, email me with some details, e.g., when you were there and where you camped and think you left it. (Hate to be that way but, don't want to give it to the wrong person.) Best regards, BCJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.