Dolores River Guide - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-21-2017   #1

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Dolores Guide book

So I have heard through the rumor mill that the old Dolores River guide book will be available for download on the Public lands site, for a small fee (5-10$).

So if anyone has their book listed on ebay for 99.00-300.00 $, they better sell quick, because the demand will surly cease to be.

If someone wants to sell me an old book for a reasonable price I would still buy one... PM me.

CSHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2017   #2

Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Dolores River Guide

PM sent.
Old 02-22-2017   #3

Centennial, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
Last June, the guy at Ridgway Outdoor Experience had several for sale.
Eric Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017   #4

Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1998
I'd be interested for a fair price.
tczues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017   #5

Dolores, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Rumor has it the BLM is working on some publicly available maps prior to the spill.
b.pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017   #6

Golden, Colorado
Correct, I have heard that for sure the map section of the book will be available for download for free from the public lands site. Also for a small fee, the entire guidebook will be available for download as well.
Old 02-23-2017   #7

Bisters, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2002
Ive become a fan of Gaia GPS for smart phones. First river trip using it was the D last year. You can download topo maps or sat photo maps at home, then when you're out on a trip without service it can still track your location on a map. Obviously technology doesn't substitute for having a paper map, & knowing how to use one. I bring a backup battery charger for my phone and really enjoy pulling one gizmo out of the watershed that takes photos & tells me exactly where I am. We did the whole trip from McFee to Dewey bridge and my buddy with the guide book would be flipping thru the pages pretty sure where we where. Anytime we actually needed to know I'd double check the phone and we would know right away our exact location. Pretty sweet!
jmacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017   #8

Golden, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacn View Post
Ive become a fan of Gaia GPS for smart phones. First river trip using it was the D last year. You can download topo maps or sat photo maps at home, then when you're out on a trip without service it can still track your location on a map. Obviously technology doesn't substitute for having a paper map, & knowing how to use one. I bring a backup battery charger for my phone and really enjoy pulling one gizmo out of the watershed that takes photos & tells me exactly where I am. We did the whole trip from McFee to Dewey bridge and my buddy with the guide book would be flipping thru the pages pretty sure where we where. Anytime we actually needed to know I'd double check the phone and we would know right away our exact location. Pretty sweet!

That's great advice!!! I have started using it for climbing and backcountry skiing, but this sounds a great application for GAIA... Cheers...
Old 02-23-2017   #9

., .
@CSHolt,

To clarify, is the old Delores river guide no longer available and out-of-print? If so, I have it and can probably scan it into a PDF and then some how share it. It's fairly short and brief. I would suggest you order some waterproof printing paper from Amazon and have Kinkos color laser print it for you. I've done this with custom maps. Cheers!
riverdoghenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017   #10

Golden, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverdoghenry View Post
@CSHolt,

To clarify, is the old Delores river guide no longer available and out-of-print? If so, I have it and can probably scan it into a PDF and then some how share it. It's fairly short and brief. I would suggest you order some waterproof printing paper from Amazon and have Kinkos color laser print it for you. I've done this with custom maps. Cheers!

Correct... I actually had a very awesome Buzzard (2tomcat2 ) send me a copy!!! THANKS AGAIN 2tomcat2 !!!!!

That being said, I am sure others would love to get their hands on a copy of this guidebook, since on EBAY, people are asking 99.00$ - 300.00$ for a used one. Book is dated, however still has very valuable information...