Old 03-05-2014   #1
Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 2008
Dog swap Salt Lake City?

I am thinking about some type of dog swap amongst boaters in or near the Salt Lake area. Rather than having to kennel, perhaps boaters with dogs could take turns watching each others dogs while they are on the river? Just an idea that I thought I would post to see a response.

tanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014   #2
Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Nice idea, but I'm not sure how well that would work. I only puppy sit for friends, whose dogs I know really well and I know get along well with my dog. Even then it's not always possible since I'm at work all day. I do have a great place to kennel your pup. Camp Bow Wow. Mine goes there for day care & kennel from time to time.

"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love....and then we return home."
Australian Aboriginal Proverb
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014   #3
Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
That sounds pretty cool I'd like to see something like this in a lot of different river communities. In my home own it's no big deal I have friends that could watch them but on trips where I'd like to bring the dog because we'll be camping the for the weekend and maybe on the river for a few hours. For instance our Ruby Westwater trip coming up I could have the dog on the ruby for 3 days and then take him to a buzzards house for the one night while in Westwater canyon. I probably baby my dog to much but I cant bring myself kennel him over night. He's been at the kennel during day trips in canon city but I'd rather him be at house with a couch he can lay on haha. I can see the dogs freak out when they walk back to the kennels and all the other dogs are barking and freaking out. Cool idea!
Pool and a pond... Pond be good for you.
Stiff N' Wett is offline   Reply With Quote