Does anyone have info on fatality on the Poudre. - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-20-2016   #1

Does anyone have info on fatality on the Poudre.

A 33 year old Loveland man died Friday night after falling in the river while trying to retrieve a raft. The victim was not wearing a PFD and his body was recovered the next day near Upper Landing, less than a mile downstream from where he fell in the river.

Other than his name the above info is all that has been released.
Nothing indicates if he was a rafter trying to retrieve his own boat or
a non rafter trying to grab a boat floating by. The curious part of the story is that it happened immediately below the Lower Narrows, a seldom rafted
section of the Poudre.

Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2016   #2
Misspellingintothefuture!

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Wow. I don't think I've ever heard of so many river fatalities in a summer. There's a body in the Rogue right now, the deaths on cherry creak, browns, roaring fork, and I might be missing some. Sucks, I wish people would stop drowning in the river.
Old 07-20-2016   #3

San Jose, CA, California
Paddling Since: 1998
This July has been a bad month for sure. The states on AW show a correlation with higher water years and more accidents. Stay safe everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 3.38.02 PM.png
Views:	136
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	11994  
buckmanriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016   #4

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman View Post
Wow. I don't think I've ever heard of so many river fatalities in a summer. There's a body in the Rogue right now, the deaths on cherry creak, browns, roaring fork, and I might be missing some. Sucks, I wish people would stop drowning in the river.
I feel like there's way less deaths this year. I think clear creek might have made it the entire season? Usually there's a few...
ColoradoBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016   #5

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoBoater View Post
I feel like there's way less deaths this year. I think clear creek might have made it the entire season? Usually there's a few...
I agree with that. Clear Creek has been relatively quiet this season (which is a great thing) as it usually claims a hand full of people.
Tyrrache is offline   Reply With Quote