Mountain Buzz banner

Delores river trip this coming weekend

5K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  CoRiver 
#1 ·
Anyone interested in putting a delores trip together this weekend? Flows are perfect and I would love to get a run on this section while I can. I typically run the Animas, Piedra and commercially guide up on the Nenana in alaska. I've been in Durango for 5 years and it's most likely if you're in the Whitewater community we know eachother. Hit me up! Let's have some Whitewater fun. I'd be happy to tag along or make a trip happen.
Allie

#19 ·
How many days from Gateway to Bedrock? I've been busy working and climbing and I'm caught sleeping at the wheel with this early release. Now I'm scrambling to put together Bradfield to Bedrock trip, trying to launch on the 11th if possible. Maybe we can hook up with you if it doesn't come together.

#7 ·
Hello Allie, -et al,
I've got a 1 boat trip doing Gypsum to Bedrock, launching this next Tuesday the 2nd.
Taking out on that Friday. (planning a layover to hike Coyote Wash on Thursday)

Just myself and 2 other RTR guides, on my 15' Hyside and a tomcat ducky. So far...
We like meeting new river folk! Anyone who wants to join is certainly welcome!

Shoot me a PM if you're interested
SYOTR
-Ben

#8 ·
I am trying to put together a trip on the 13/14/15 on either the bradfield-slickrock or dove creek - slickrock. As of now I only have a few tentatives. I did a bedrock-gateway trip 2 weekends ago and am going to westwater this weekend and slickrock-bedrock the next. Most of my boating crew is a little burned out on driving....

#12 ·
We have a trip May 11-16, slickrock to bedrock to gateway. As far as we can tell, there will still be good flows at that time. One of us has the old guide, and we have the new interim one also. You guys have run some of this before. We like sidehikes and ruins, do you have any suggestions/information on good sidehikes in these sections? thanks!

#16 ·
Trip next week

I'm thinking on launching at Bradfield on the 4th for a 3 day trip to Slickrock. I've never paddled the Dolores and I'm a bit concerned about the big release. I'm an intermediate paddler and will be on a framed super puma with my wife. Woul it be ok to do this or would those who know the river advise against it?

#17 ·
I'm thinking on launching at Bradfield on the 4th for a 3 day trip to Slickrock. I've never paddled the Dolores and I'm a bit concerned about the big release. I'm an intermediate paddler and will be on a framed super puma with my wife. Woul it be ok to do this or would those who know the river advise against it?

It's much safer with 3-4 boats and other experienced boat people. The currant moves fast in much of that section at high flows.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.