Old 01-18-2016   #1
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Carvedog's loss

Hi All-

I am deeply and utterly saddened to share with the boating community, that one of our most treasured members has lost the love of his life. Carvedog's wife died suddenly from a heart attack Saturday morning.

They have two daughters who are going to deeply miss their mama along with CD. Their loss is unbelievable, as is the community's because she was a very vibrant and active woman. They are blessed to live in a great community with wonderful people, and a meal train is already set up to bring them dinner every night for the next month.

Please say some prayers, send energy or love to CD and his family. Whether that is just through the universe, or a special note. This is going to be a difficult time for them.

Take a minute, in Betsy's memory, to kiss your loved ones, tell them you love them, and enjoy every day with them. You just never know what life holds and when things will change. Live today, and love today.

I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016   #2
GF, Montana
Paddling Since: 1983
"It is not the length of life, but the depth of life" -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Condolences to you, your daughters, and your family.
Sincerely, (from another old river rat)

AirEms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016   #3
Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Extending heartfelt prayers to C-Dog and his family. I'm so sorry to hear this.
"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love....and then we return home."
Australian Aboriginal Proverb
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016   #4
irvine, California
Paddling Since: 1987
Carvedog's loss

Hearing this makes me feel very sorry that he and his family is dealing with such a huge loss. Thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. I've come full circle from when I gave him grief back in the day. He's a standup guy and I respect him based on just reading his posts. I wish him and his family the very best in this difficult time. Very sad. I hope to meet him on the river someday. Sincerely.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
wildh2onriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016   #5
Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Man, i'm so sorry to hear that, putting myself in his shoes for a moment, that is one of the roughest things I can think of, my best thoughts for him and his family
"Like a bunch of monkey's, trying to fuck a football."
mattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016   #6
Silt, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
So sorry for your loss.... prayers for you and your daughters...
Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016   #7
Jenks, Oklahoma

Sad to hear of this loss.

Prayers out for you and family.
okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016   #8
Dundee, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1989
Sorry for your loss Jerry. I can't imagine what you are dealing with. I'm far away, can't shake your hand, give you a hug, or attend services.

But, I will hug my wife a little tighter, I will go in an kiss my kids one more time before I go to bed, and I will think of you and Betsy. And it won't just be tonight. I will carry her memory with me along with the others I have lost and seen lost. It will change me, it will change how I love, because you are living out the truth that none of us, not a one, know how long we have here on this earth. Again, I am sorry for your loss.

Wishing I was on the river instead of surfing the web...
Learch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016   #9
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Jerry, I am so sorry to hear about Betsy's loss. At a loss for words to express what I feel, I can't imagine what it's like for you. We will keep all of you in our prayers.

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016   #10
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Thank you for the kind words. Betsy was my river buddy. I asked her to marry me at Veil Falls on the Middle Fork on a beautiful warm September day. Not to get too nitty gritty but we were in the misting waterfall naked. With all that lovely wild mint.

The morning started with us at Survey and we rowed across and she hiked up the hill a bit to get closer to a herd of bighorn. Not close enough to spook, just to watch. The next day we had four Golden Eagles over us a good part of the day. It seemed there was one pair that followed us down river almost to the confluence. And she caught some great fish.

I figured that was the river's blessing to us. We had many blessings from the river. s.

carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote