Old 08-25-2016   #1
Blue below Green Mt.

I see the Blue is up to 700. Anyone know if this is for Gore fest or if it will last a couple weeks.

zercon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016   #2
Wolcott, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
I haven't hit it this year yet. Going Sunday and heard from local Trout Unlimited guys that floated last week about the addition of rocks to divert more water through the main part of the ranch. Causing super low flows in the main channel, and they got stuck repeatedly. Any word on this? Is that even legal?

Also a change to one of the weirs, causing a super sketchy 5' drop to flat, instead of the usual rounded boulder drops. Beta?

dakpowderday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016   #3
Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
The blue often is used as a major part of the upper c's water during late summer and early fall. If farmers down stream call for water, it tends to keep running well into September.
Think of me what you will, I got a little space to fill.
mattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016   #4
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Kara Lamb, we miss you!
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016   #5
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: Dawn
New Rocks

Floated it earlier this year, and we floated by a side channel on the Jones Ranch that had been completely blocked off by huge boulders (on river right). We figured maybe it was temporary and they were doing river restoration on the ranch? In any case there was an easy and obvious passage on river left. Maybe they have added more since then?
pepejohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016   #6
Donkey Town, Colorado
They always drain green mt end of the season my guess flows are bumped for gore fest and will come back down for a few weeks and then should bump back up 500-1000 mid sept-October. Lake is still full

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

jimr is offline   Reply With Quote