Originally Posted by BlueTurf
I appreciate and agree with the advice. I've been talking to my boating friends who have Selway experience and they are saying the same thing. It's such a rare draw that I don't want to just give it up though. I love Idaho and would love to experience this part of it.
The plan is to accept both, but a group together that could do either and then see how it looks. If I had to guess I'd say it's 70/30 that we end up on Hell's. Either way I will post the cancellation here so that hopefully some one can use it. Good problem to have.
I have a new boat (my fist!) on the way. I'm sure I'll be posting lots of questions over the coming weeks/months. Like I said I appreciate the advice.
Honestly, I wouldn't drive clear up from Colorado for a May Hells Canyon trip. But that's just me.
What I would do if I were you is to put together a solid crew for the Selway trip, but plan for you and your wife to just ride along with someone else. The Selway is not a beginner river, especially in the spring. But it is also a trip I wouldn't give up, either. I don't think it would be that hard to put something together in which you and your wife are passengers, especially since you are the permit holder.