2016 Colorado Wooden Boat Float - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-29-2016   #1

pine, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
2016 Colorado Wooden Boat Float

6th Annual Colorado Wooden Boat Float will be on July 16th, 2016. Once again we will be floating the Upper Colorado River. More information on launch time and exact section of river to come. We've had 13 different wood boats in our 5 years with many a stories from the river and camp. We hope to see some new boats joining in and our friends from past floats.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cowbf6.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	11437   Click image for larger version

Name:	cowbf.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	11438  

class 3 felon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2016   #2

denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
No wood no problem?

Hello - I was curious if rubber is allowed?

Although i do not have a wooden boat yet, I plan to start that process soon. I am planning to start building when i move into a larger place(i live in a one bedroom with no space to build now) in about a year. For the time being i am trying to figure out the exact shape will be best for me. I would really enjoy learning as much as i could about the process and any pointed vetern builders have to offer. I would love to put my young body to work and help with loading, unloading, cooking and cleaning or even running shuttle. Please let me know if there is space for a capable oarsman, but greenhorn in the dory scene.

Thanks,
ncordial12
ncordial12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016   #3

Eagle,CO .... BV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Thanks for the update Mark. Love the Photo
Ron Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2016   #4

pine, Colorado
Yes, rubber is allowed. We typically have a raft or two as well as a fiberglass boat or kayak along with us. Have not as of yet had a wooden kayak or canoe on the trip though. Feel free to join in, it's definitely a good way to check out a few different wooden dory boat styles.
Old 04-29-2016   #5

Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1965
Hey there. I came in my Mckenzie river drift boat a couple of years ago. Just got a new (old) whitewater dory I'll try to bring this year. Anybody want to row the drift boat let me know.
jgrebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016   #6

pine, Colorado
CO WBF 6

Percy hopes to see you on the Colorado Wooden Boat Float. Bring your wood to the water.

One month away. We will launch from Rancho del Rio at 10:30 am on Saturday July 16th and float to Two Bridges. The float is 8 miles and we will be camping on the river side for a bbq and bonfire. You can set up a tent and camp out or do the entire float in a day. I will bring be bringing a firepan and kitchen set up as well as a groover for when nature calls.
CO WBF 6
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pboat.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	11755  
Old 06-28-2016   #7

pine, Colorado
Roll Call for COWBF6

Here's some information for those looking to join us on the wooden boat float this year.

Map of river stretch http://www.blm.gov/style/medialib/bl...ure_032305.pdf

Link to Rancho del Rio for shuttles 970-653-4431
Rancho Del Rio - Not Your Usual Resort

Our Event webpage on WoodenBoatPeople
6th Annual Colorado Wooden Boat Float - Wooden Boat People

Schedule

Friday: Pre-Float There will be a few boats putting in at Pumphouse and floating through Needles Eye Rapid in Lower Gore Canyon and Yarmony Rapid in Red Canyon and camping. The rapids are Class III and this is a good float if your comfortable on the oars and/or you can follow another boater through the rapids. This float is 10 miles to Rancho del Rio. Everyone will show up to the river at different times on Friday and therefore this is day unorganized besides finding Ron on the river with a camp set up after Yarmony Rapid. Thanks Ron. I hope to launch between 1-2:00pm

Saturday: Meet at Rancho del Rio 10:00 am for 10:30 launch. 8 mile stretch to Two Bridges take-out. One Class II/III rapid "Cable Rapid" follow other boats line trough it then flat water after State Bridge. We will find a camp along this stretch and grill burgers and brats here, do some fishing, talk boats and have a campfire. You can pitch a tent with us or float out the short stretch to Two Bridges and stay elsewhere. Tommyknocker Brewery is sponsoring the Saturday Washers Tournament with some of their fine beer. Hotels in Kremmling, Yurts at State Bridge, camping at Pumphouse or Radium.

Sunday: Pancakes and Capri Suns. Float Two Bridges to Catamount 10 miles Class II water. Nice Float, some good fishing. Good Sunday on the river.

Food and beverage are bring your own. We will have a kitchen setup and some firepans for cooking. Camp is where we find it and we will have a groover. It is good to bring firewood, charcoal, water and a wood boat.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2015lineup.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	11847   Click image for larger version

Name:	boats.jpe
Views:	108
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	11848  

Name:	cabin beach.jpe
Views:	94
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	11849   Click image for larger version

Name:	woodonriver.jpg
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	11850  

Name:	2015.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	998.6 KB
ID:	11851   Click image for larger version

Name:	waterwheel.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	11852  

Name:	gyarmony.jpe
Views:	97
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	11853   Click image for larger version

Name:	canyon.jpe
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	11854  

Name:	story.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	11855   Click image for larger version

Name:	hphotsprings.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	11856  

Old 06-29-2016   #8

Eagle,CO .... BV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Oljeto can't wait

Howdy Mark,

Wanted you to see the new paint job so you don't just float past me at camp.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Oljeto Dotsero.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	936.4 KB
ID:	11859  
Ron Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016   #9

Golden, Colorado
This is awesome...And I am jealous, I wish I was in the "Group"

Quote:
Originally Posted by class 3 felon View Post
Here's some information for those looking to join us on the wooden boat float this year.

Map of river stretch www.blm.gov/style/medialib/blm/co/field_offices/kremmling_field_office/documents/recreation/upper_colorado_river.Par.99701.File.dat/uppercoloradoriverbrochure_032305.pdf

Link to Rancho del Rio for shuttles 970-653-4431
Rancho Del Rio - Not Your Usual Resort

Our Event webpage on WoodenBoatPeople
6th Annual Colorado Wooden Boat Float - Wooden Boat People

Schedule

Friday: Pre-Float There will be a few boats putting in at Pumphouse and floating through Needles Eye Rapid in Lower Gore Canyon and Yarmony Rapid in Red Canyon and camping. The rapids are Class III and this is a good float if your comfortable on the oars and/or you can follow another boater through the rapids. This float is 10 miles to Rancho del Rio. Everyone will show up to the river at different times on Friday and therefore this is day unorganized besides finding Ron on the river with a camp set up after Yarmony Rapid. Thanks Ron. I hope to launch between 1-2:00pm

Saturday: Meet at Rancho del Rio 10:00 am for 10:30 launch. 8 mile stretch to Two Bridges take-out. One Class II/III rapid "Cable Rapid" follow other boats line trough it then flat water after State Bridge. We will find a camp along this stretch and grill burgers and brats here, do some fishing, talk boats and have a campfire. You can pitch a tent with us or float out the short stretch to Two Bridges and stay elsewhere. Tommyknocker Brewery is sponsoring the Saturday Washers Tournament with some of their fine beer. Hotels in Kremmling, Yurts at State Bridge, camping at Pumphouse or Radium.

Sunday: Pancakes and Capri Suns. Float Two Bridges to Catamount 10 miles Class II water. Nice Float, some good fishing. Good Sunday on the river.

Food and beverage are bring your own. We will have a kitchen setup and some firepans for cooking. Camp is where we find it and we will have a groover. It is good to bring firewood, charcoal, water and a wood boat.
Old 06-29-2016   #10
Misspellingintothefuture!

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Rupert View Post
Howdy Mark,

Wanted you to see the new paint job so you don't just float past me at camp.
Awesome name for a boat!

Some day, when I don't do projects for a living anymore, and have some time, I really would like to build my own boat, kinda jealous of ya folks!