Old 06-10-2013   #131
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
swim in class II boogie on the Eagle below Avon. i lifted my head. don't lift your head, and don't talk shit on the internet. its just pour form. lost my paddle on my easy swim ta boot. don't lift your head andif you swim hold on to your paddle. thanks nate.

Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013   #132
Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
I took a swim Friday at Elbow. Was thrown right off the curler wave and was all jangled up on the right wall. Managed to self rescue boat and gear to the river right eddy.

coloclimber512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013   #133
East MT, WestMT, Both sides of the Yellowstone
Paddling Since: 09
Enjoy my suck fest. I lost my knife too.

spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013   #134
Prineville, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2010
Originally Posted by spider
Enjoy my suck fest. I lost my knife too.

Nice quick reentry.
BryanS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013   #135
East MT, WestMT, Both sides of the Yellowstone
Paddling Since: 09
Originally Posted by BryanS. View Post
Nice quick reentry.
Yeah lots of practice. I was out by myself in front. I didn't see that lateral coming. Tag lines on d rings saved my ass. Never ran that stretch, worth the shitty 300 yard put in at least once a year.
spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013   #136
Denver via GJ, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
Two swims yesterday--one on Gore Creek, one just below Dowd Chute.

Missed my first roll and while setting up again started bouncing my head along the rocks. Felt like the right time to eject. Tried to wet re-enter the boat but couldn't quite get a handle on it before it was time to swim like hell.

Felt bad for making the group chase my junkshow down the river, so I collected myself and vowed not to let it happen twice.

Err, not so much...

On the second as I was going over I was screaming (inside my head, of course) "You have to get this roll!!" And I think I had it. Until I didn't--the buckle on my right thigh strap sheared and with that I was instantly swimming. Let go of my paddle on this one, I think when I was pushing/spinning off of a boulder I'd stopped against. Which made it even more of a junkshow.

Bought the boys dinner for their help but that doesn't make being 'that guy' any more OK...
I don't believe the crew thought anything of it. At the least I think most of us were impressed. Was wondering though if it would help to ballast that thing to help plug those waves?
"I plan to leisurely advance through my existence" - Terry Fuhrman 1991
-k- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013   #137
Grand Junction, Colorado
Originally Posted by lhowemt View Post

But how was Glenn appeased? Bootie case of beer?

Good stories Outlaw, isn't that the way it works, humble pie is good to eat every so often!
Humble pie is the only pie I ever eat..
When we quit believing in our corrupt political system, it will finally fall apart. REVOLUTION!!!
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013   #138
avon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Not my swim, but a friend of mine charlie. We were on the eagle river yesterday running about 3000 cfs. This was our first time paddling. The swimmer and my self have ore rigs. It was a fun time. I am in the front right, the guy fumbling for the throw bag doesn't get out much.
Attached Files
14' NRS Expedition
hawktoy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013   #139
Boulder, CO
Paddling Since: 2007
I have to fess up to my swim on sunday or Roy won't be my friend anymore. I swam out of the rapid just past the I-40 rapid on WFCC. Bad news bears.

That makes two this year...
cheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013   #140
On the Highway, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Jumped onto the Slate River section above the OBJ campground around 730 pm to ensure a rocking flow last Thursday. It was my 3rd lap down in 2 days and had decent lines following Menges and crew down for my first trips on the section.

Photo Cred: Mark Ewing (thanks!)

The last hole (not that wicked wanda manky-mankfest slot) had a wave/hole thing that bitch smacked me. It flipped me upside down then I proceeded to run the little rock shelf/ slide on river right, leading with my inverted dome. About the 3rd major mafia-baseball-bat-to-the-head rock impact I decided I had enough.

Pulled out mid-slide to initiate a short belly slide to ass-slide then at the end locked my heels on to a flake and launched myself into an eddy river right. Thanks to 5.10 for the sticky rubber to initiate the foot plant to launch off of, and of course a shoe that didn't leak any booty beer. Turns out Ska's Modus Hoperandi tastes pretty good warm and out of a neoprene lined shoe.

bldrmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote