Old 08-05-2014   #11

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2014
I ordered my Hyside Mini Max w/ custom Riverboat Works fishing frame last Tuesday and picked up my boat on Friday. I wanted a 2-man fishing boat that could navigate through skinny water and that's exactly what I got, plus some. This was my first boat purchase and Kurt was more than helpful (and patient) with guiding me through the process.

Although I have only had my boat out once so far, on the Upper C, I can already tell that some great thought and attention to detail went into constructing this frame. The practical, lightweight and functional design make this boat really easy to use and handle. My favorite part is the forward lean bar. Not only is it positioned at the perfect height to lean on for fishing, it also give the passenger something to hold onto in those big rapids and also doubles as a vertical rod holder.

I'm looking forward to logging in some serious hours on this boat and landing some serious fish!

Thanks to the Ron, Kurt and the whole staff over at Riverboat Works for giving me exactly what I wanted!

Cypress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016   #12

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Riverboat Works is celebrating 14 years building custom raft frames for the fisherman and private boater. All of our frames are custom built to fit you, your boat, and your needs.

We pride ourselves in building the highest quality frames possible and following up with 100% customer satisfaction.

We have had many requests from our customers to offer reviews of their experience with Riverboat Works. Now is your chance to reply to this thread and share your experience.

Thank you everyone for your loyal and continued support.

Old 03-31-2016   #13

Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 95

2007 custom fishing frame and JPW Dragonfly. Floated and fished the Roaring Fork, Colorado, Bighorn, Green, Ark. We love our raft and frame!
Spade Hackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016   #14

Silverthorne, Colorado
The BWO frame looks great. I'm waiting back on a quote before I pull the plug.
802flyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016   #15

Salida, Colorado
See PM
Old 04-03-2016   #16

Silverthorne, Colorado
Anyone see anyone loading a hyside mini max or RMR storm on top of their can for transport. I have a new Subaru Forester, so I'm trying to think if I can get away transporting it that way. It would be interesting to see what a deflated rolled up RMR storm looks like.

Thanks,
802flyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016   #17

Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Rolled up Storm

Our Storms come in a box that is 45x26x15. That should give you an idea of the space you will need if you suck the air out of the raft and roll it up.

Cheers,
Denny
Old 04-04-2016   #18

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I roof top my 12' cat alot. One warning, a sandy dirty boat will seriously scratch the hell out of your car. On my 94 Grand Cherokee I don't care, but on a new car I'd be way more careful and probably need help just to be safe.
k2andcannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016   #19
Cimarron Slim

Ridgway, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1979
Love My Rig

I am now heading in to my twelfth season with my trusty 14-foot yellow Hyside and custom frame purchased from Riverboat Works in Salida, and I am super happy with it. I can't say enough about the design and, more important to me, the great service I get from the guys at the shop, every time I go in.

I had the frame built with diamond-plate running the length of the side rails, which not only looks great but are also ideal for walking around on the boat and strapping ammo cans on top of. I opted to have the cooler as my seat under me, and instead of a drybox forward, I have a deck with drop bags that stow rocket boxes or stove and fire pan underneath. Makes for a comfortable ride for my passengers, and, way cool for me, a deck I can sleep on, which is not the norm for most 14 foot boats.

A number of times at put-ins and take-outs other boaters come up to check it out. Twice I have had guys say "that looks like a Grand Canyon frame downsized for a 14-er"... and I guess it is, as this rig has five trips down the Grand, 3 or 4 Middle Forks, 3 or 4 Mains, 4 Salts, a couple of Ladores, a few Yampas, and at least 10 San Juans under its self-bailing floor. Aiming for taking it on first time runs down the Chama and Rogue this summer. Yahoo!
patrickwillits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016   #20

Salida, Colorado
We recently put together this list for our website and thought it could also be useful here.

Top 10 reasons to buy a Riverboat Works frame

#10. Custom designed and built to fit the size of rivers you run: big, medium, small or all of the above.

#9. Custom designed and built for fishing, whitewater, day trips, multi-day trips or all of the above. Check out our fishing/whitewater convertibles.

#8. Custom built to fit your boat exactly, not in 6 increments.

#7. Built to fit the oarsman and adjustable to fit all other users. We always ask how tall you and your first mate are.

#6. Built to last life time warranty not to fail under normal river use (backing over with truck not covered).

#5. Built with top quality, lightweight, super durable 1 schedule 40 anodized aluminum pipe. Built in Salida, Colorado, USA, by boaters for boaters.

#4. Great specials on package deals when buying boat, frame and accessories together.

#3. One day service on adjustments and retrofits done by appointment while you wait (go fishing or play in Salida).

#2. Increased production facilities: now building up to 3 frames at a time with most orders finished within one week.

#1. Customer satisfaction 100% guaranteed.

Please let us know if you have any questions or ideas on a custom frame for your boat. 719.539.9323 or info@riverboatworks.com