Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-24-2015   #1
 
Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 36
Rocky Mountain Rafts 2015 Holiday SALE!!

Get a brand new 2015 RMR at 15% off plus FREE SHIPPING! Now through Dec. 30th. That means you can get the highly acclaimed "RMR Storm" for just $1444 before prices go up in 2016 to $1750! Act NOW as supplies are limited! Please visit: SHOP.Rocky Mountain Rafts
Place your Holiday order today!
__________________

__________________
RMrafts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015   #2
swimming
 
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 116
Man you guys need to decide whether you want to have dealers or be factory direct on your own. If I had a shop full of your boats I would drop your product in a second coming on here and cutting prices unless the dealers get an additional 15 percent of margin. If they do I will shut up now
__________________

Riverbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015   #3
 
k2andcannoli's Avatar
 
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 652
Or buy your new shredder next year. Is it really gonna be $1300?
k2andcannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015   #4
 
Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 36
Actually it is: $1299

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	email pic-Paddle cat.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	702.0 KB
ID:	10715  
__________________
RMrafts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015   #5
 
NOCO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 68
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 143
RMR dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
Man you guys need to decide whether you want to have dealers or be factory direct on your own. If I had a shop full of your boats I would drop your product in a second coming on here and cutting prices unless the dealers get an additional 15 percent of margin. If they do I will shut up now
Alas, the 64 dollar question: " Why does RMR even end a retailer? Once established (and they are established) the retailer only adds margin and nothing of substantial value. Meanwhile, the retailer continues to sell other brand boats. The one way relationship is a ...fools game.

RMR needs to offer a urethane polyester boat of similar value. I for one may purchase such.
garyherballeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015   #6
Beginner
 
Randaddy's Avatar
 
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyherballeaf View Post
Alas, the 64 dollar question: " Why does RMR even end a retailer? Once established (and they are established) the retailer only adds margin and nothing of substantial value. Meanwhile, the retailer continues to sell other brand boats. The one way relationship is a ...fools game.

RMR needs to offer a urethane polyester boat of similar value. I for one may purchase such.
Every boat manufacturer has sales AND sells through retailers, who also have sales. From your frequent, poorly written posts about "margin" and value of boats it's clear that you don't really understand rafts or business. RMR sells their boats at retail to end users. They sell to retailers at wholesale. The difference between the two is the "margin". Small businesses get the chance to showcase the boats to people who want to see them in person all over the country. Then people buy them. Make sense now Gary? It's okay to just nod your head. You don't have to sputter out more jibberish.

The new paddle cat looks sweet!
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015   #7
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 331
3,2,1...
oarboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015   #8
 
NOCO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 68
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 143
Retailers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randaddy View Post
Every boat manufacturer has sales AND sells through retailers, who also have sales. From your frequent, poorly written posts about "margin" and value of boats it's clear that you don't really understand rafts or business. RMR sells their boats at retail to end users. They sell to retailers at wholesale. The difference between the two is the "margin". Small businesses get the chance to showcase the boats to people who want to see them in person all over the country. Then people buy them. Make sense now Gary? It's okay to just nod your head. You don't have to sputter out more jibberish.

The new paddle cat looks sweet!
Sweet confrontation! I understand margin having been in the game since you were a wee child. In the last 15 years the need for retailers has diminished to near zero. Everyone benefits except the retailer; the net effect, the standard of living rises. Most of the folks looking for boats would rather have a good price. They don't have a 401 and don't want to contribute to your 401. GH
.
garyherballeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015   #9
 
Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 944
Rafters arguing...that's so cute!
gannon_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015   #10
Beginner
 
Randaddy's Avatar
 
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by gannon_w View Post
Rafters arguing...that's so cute!
Almost as cute as a gapers from Arkansas chiming in.

I just want RMR and the mom and pop shops that sponsor the buzz to continue to do so. I shop at DRE, RBR, TBP, et al. because they are awesome! Just because you can order everything online now doesn't mean you should!
__________________

Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 14' Rocky Mountain Rafts Overstock Sale Riverboat Works Partner's Forum 2 08-29-2014 09:18 AM
ROCKY MOUNTAIN RAFTS SALE! On ALL demo boats and blems! FULL 5 year warranty! RMrafts Partner's Forum 0 11-05-2012 12:20 PM
2011 Rocky Mountain Rafts on Sale!! Riverboat Works Partner's Forum 1 03-01-2012 03:58 PM
Rocky Mountain Rafts in Boulder N. Wigston Partner's Forum 0 05-21-2011 11:22 PM
Great service at Rocky Mountain Rafts walkabout Rafting | Gear Talk 1 04-20-2011 07:41 PM

» Classified Ads
Werner Stikine Kayak...

posted by condor

Werner Stikine, 215 cm, foam core, excellent condition,...

Pyranha Everest

posted by themobius51

Pyranha Everest, great condition no cracks, welds, or...

Jackson Karma Large

posted by Buckrodgers

Jackson Karma Large for sale for a very fair price of $400....

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.