Old 11-24-2015   #1

Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Rocky Mountain Rafts 2015 Holiday SALE!!

Get a brand new 2015 RMR at 15% off plus FREE SHIPPING! Now through Dec. 30th. That means you can get the highly acclaimed "RMR Storm" for just $1444 before prices go up in 2016 to $1750! Act NOW as supplies are limited! Please visit: SHOP.Rocky Mountain Rafts
Place your Holiday order today!

Old 11-24-2015   #2
swimming

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Man you guys need to decide whether you want to have dealers or be factory direct on your own. If I had a shop full of your boats I would drop your product in a second coming on here and cutting prices unless the dealers get an additional 15 percent of margin. If they do I will shut up now

Riverbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015   #3

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Or buy your new shredder next year. Is it really gonna be $1300?
k2andcannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015   #4

Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Actually it is: $1299

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	email pic-Paddle cat.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	702.0 KB
ID:	10715  
Old 11-25-2015   #5

NOCO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 68
RMR dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
Man you guys need to decide whether you want to have dealers or be factory direct on your own. If I had a shop full of your boats I would drop your product in a second coming on here and cutting prices unless the dealers get an additional 15 percent of margin. If they do I will shut up now
Alas, the 64 dollar question: " Why does RMR even end a retailer? Once established (and they are established) the retailer only adds margin and nothing of substantial value. Meanwhile, the retailer continues to sell other brand boats. The one way relationship is a ...fools game.

RMR needs to offer a urethane polyester boat of similar value. I for one may purchase such.
garyherballeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015   #6
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyherballeaf View Post
Alas, the 64 dollar question: " Why does RMR even end a retailer? Once established (and they are established) the retailer only adds margin and nothing of substantial value. Meanwhile, the retailer continues to sell other brand boats. The one way relationship is a ...fools game.

RMR needs to offer a urethane polyester boat of similar value. I for one may purchase such.
Every boat manufacturer has sales AND sells through retailers, who also have sales. From your frequent, poorly written posts about "margin" and value of boats it's clear that you don't really understand rafts or business. RMR sells their boats at retail to end users. They sell to retailers at wholesale. The difference between the two is the "margin". Small businesses get the chance to showcase the boats to people who want to see them in person all over the country. Then people buy them. Make sense now Gary? It's okay to just nod your head. You don't have to sputter out more jibberish.

The new paddle cat looks sweet!
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015   #7

oarboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015   #8

NOCO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 68
Retailers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randaddy View Post
Every boat manufacturer has sales AND sells through retailers, who also have sales. From your frequent, poorly written posts about "margin" and value of boats it's clear that you don't really understand rafts or business. RMR sells their boats at retail to end users. They sell to retailers at wholesale. The difference between the two is the "margin". Small businesses get the chance to showcase the boats to people who want to see them in person all over the country. Then people buy them. Make sense now Gary? It's okay to just nod your head. You don't have to sputter out more jibberish.

The new paddle cat looks sweet!
Sweet confrontation! I understand margin having been in the game since you were a wee child. In the last 15 years the need for retailers has diminished to near zero. Everyone benefits except the retailer; the net effect, the standard of living rises. Most of the folks looking for boats would rather have a good price. They don't have a 401 and don't want to contribute to your 401. GH
garyherballeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015   #9

Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Rafters arguing...that's so cute!
gannon_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015   #10
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by gannon_w View Post
Rafters arguing...that's so cute!
Almost as cute as a gapers from Arkansas chiming in.

I just want RMR and the mom and pop shops that sponsor the buzz to continue to do so. I shop at DRE, RBR, TBP, et al. because they are awesome! Just because you can order everything online now doesn't mean you should!

Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote