Mountain Buzz banner

Rocky Mountain Paddle Cat

39K views 40 replies 17 participants last post by  rtsideup 
#1 ·
Hey Buzzards! The RMR PaddleCat (PC-120) is finally here! Only $1299! Please check with your local RMR dealer or with any of us here at Rocky Mountain Rafts for details and availability.

The RMR PC-120 is designed to be paddled R1, R2 and it comes standard with 2 foot cups installed on the cockpit floor. It can also be rigged with up to a 60” rowing frame. Our Paddle Cat features all welded, PVC, Uni-tube construction with two inflatable chambers that make the boat rigid and light (approx. 53 lbs.). The 23” main tubes allow for maximum comfort in the 15” deep cockpit with 8” of space below the reinforced self-bailing floor. It punches through large standing waves, turns on a dime, and is nimble enough to avoid anything you want to miss.

One last thing: PLEASE check out the Rocky Mountain Raft Facebook page for our Paddle Cat Naming Contest. The winner will be chosen on Memorial Day at 12 noon EST. and will receive a $500 RMR gift credit.

See less See more
#4 ·
Those look great! Is there enough room to have a knee down on the floor? Any provisions for adding a thwart to straddle, ala you-know-who? Is the floor 2 layers of PVC?

More photos/videos?

#7 ·
Paul, it doesn't look like it works - it flipped over. Is it defective?

I'm really stoked to buy one of these this season. Can you speak to it's bailing performance?

Thanks RMR for the affordable boat! Can we submit names here too? I don't have a Friend Book but I do have some good ideas....

#9 ·
It works really well very confidence inspiring. There was never a moment I had any reason to wonder about its draining performance. Super fun can't imagine a better fun factor in the inflatable world for the money.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

#22 ·
If anyone is interested we floated 40 miles on the wallowa and Ronde and my two kids paddled it the whole way. 10 and 14 they rocked it and on the third day were just skimming by rocks with inches to spare just cause they could. My wife was super happy not to have five people on the raft all asking her for mom duties.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

#26 ·
New red paddlecat

I have been testing a new paddle cat and spent this last weekend up on the Payette. An amazing little cat. Easy to transport and set up. Ran the Cabarton section multiple times. First in a ducky then a few times in the paddlecat. The paddlecat was really easy for people new to rafting to gain confidence yet was still super fun for those of us with experience. With those big tubes it can go anywhere.

Attachments

#28 ·
Just got my Phat Cat in the water! Thanks Denny!
Just got off of a 4 day shake down trip on the Dolores.
RMR recommends a max frame of 60". This gear hauler is 82" with room to spare before running into rocker. The big tubes allow it to carry way more weight than it's little size would make you think. Friends calling me a "glorified kayaker" at the beginning of the the trip, were assessing their next boating purchase by the end.
Please excuse the sloppy rigging; shake down trip, the spare oar will be properly rigged in the future.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.