Old 07-19-2013   #51

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Miller View Post

The thing to look at when buying a quality cooler for most boaters are the dimensions. If it doesn't fit the bay on your frame then buy another of the top brands. The Black Rock made a fine seat for a cat. For my raft the Engel was a better fit than a Yeti or a Black Rock.

That would be me. The Black Rock looks great, but the larger sizes needed for multi-day trips won't fit my cat frame. Thus, I've got a 105 qt. Yeti up front and a 125 qt. Galaxy aft. I wish you good luck in your business venture.

And you are right about the walk-in freezer. That will add days to any cooler, but especially the high-end ones.

ridecats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #52

Nederland, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
Hi ~ On your trip (tests) what kind of cooler covers did you use? Thx

mrSmoothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #53
The Old Troll

Gypsum, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
My cooler is the passenger seat and always have a Maravia Silverback pad on top during the day.
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #54

Belfair, Washington
Paddling Since: 93
We do our best to keep the coolers covered with a wet towel and/or a paco-pad style sleeping pad over the top. The pad adds another layer of insulation, and also makes it nicer for passengers.
Black Rock Coolers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013   #55

Belfair, Washington
We are happy to announce we have restocked our full inventory of coolers in all sizes and added a variety of colors including orange, white, green and raspberry / pink as well as some mixed colors (blue with orange lids and green with yellow lids)
Andy
Old 09-07-2013   #56

lafayette, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Duck View Post
A boating buddy just picked up one of the 150s and brought it along on a recent trip. The cooler itself is pretty solid looking, and I really like the dimensions on it. The granite texture is pretty cool too. But, the rubber latches and the nub they latch to are attached with rivets that are just too loose, allow a lot of play in both the latch and the attachment nub. One of rivets holding the nubs to the cooler broke off on the first trip, and it is pretty clear that the others will follow suit pretty quickly. A through-bolt of some sort looks like it would solve the problem, but this is a weekness in the current design that needs to be addressed. Otherwise, this looks like a good product and a good value. The hinges are absolutely bomber.
I have a down under cooler with the same latches. i replaced the rivets on the nub with bolts now it works great
bighorn1478@msn.com is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013   #57

Belfair, Washington
I am personally and carefully inspecting all latches prior to shipping to avoid any new latch issues. Being a new company our reputation is important and we strive to provide outstanding customer service. We do stand behind our coolers and respond to any concerns. Thanks for supporting Black Rock Coolers.

The Original Posted by 90Duck was from April and we have had contact with the owner of the cooler.
Andy
Old 11-12-2013   #58

Belfair, Washington
Smile Colors and rivets!

First off, no more rivets! We now are shipping all coolers with upgraded stainless steel screws for the latches. If you have a cooler with loose rivets contact us at info@blackrockcoolers.com and we will make arrangements to get you the new hardware.

Colors: We now have colors!!!! Green, Orange, White, Pink, Green with yellow lids for you Duck fans and Blue with orange lids for you Boise fans. Check them out at www.blackrockcoolers.com.
Andy