Old 03-12-2013   #31

Belfair, Washington
Paddling Since: 93
Larger sizes

As of right now the 150L is our largest size. We are working with our manufacture to have larger sizes in 2014. Thanks for asking the question.
Andy

Black Rock Coolers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013   #32
The Old Troll

Gypsum, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Cooler is here

Everything looks first rate. Three latches is nice. I will be using it for the first time for a May launch GC. For those of you looking for a lip to rest on your frame there is none. This doesn't make any difference for me. I have a 16 foot Vanguard. Vanguards are know to be shallow and the cooler rides high up. It also doesn't fill the width of my tubes so there are a few inches on each side of wasted space. I looked at the Yeti's and they would not have used this space between the tubes any better. If you have a boat that is a little narrower like a 14 footer it would probably fit perfectly. Seems to be a good deal for the price.

More after the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Miller View Post
It's in shipment. Will write an initial review when it arrives.

David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #33

Belfair, Washington
the new seat for our coolers

Old 03-25-2013   #34

Belfair, Washington
I'm having trouble getting the pic to up load check out http://www.facebook.com/BlackRockCoolers
Old 04-10-2013   #35

Belfair, Washington
One of the Grand Canyon Outfitters just did a side by side test against that “big name cooler” filling both the Black Rock Coolers and the well known brand with ice and letting them sit in the Arizona sun. Let’s just say “a Big Snowman” does not do as well as “Black Rocks” in the sun! Yea Black Rock Cooler!
Old 04-10-2013   #36
swimming

Tacoma,Wa, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rock Coolers View Post
One of the Grand Canyon Outfitters just did a side by side test against that “big name cooler” filling both the Black Rock Coolers and the well known brand with ice and letting them sit in the Arizona sun. Let’s just say “a Big Snowman” does not do as well as “Black Rocks” in the sun! Yea Black Rock Cooler!
Is this made in the USA ? or is this another Thailand cooler Manny is selling ? because I can buy a container of those for 45.00 each also. like these guys.
Products | K2 Coolers. Real Value. Real Cold.

I know the factory these come out of we could do a mountainbuzz group buy and have a buzz cooler. everyone wants to double their money slinging import crap and do nothing these days
orto11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013   #37

Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Hey Orto, its called capitalism you turd. Would it be even lamer if you started a group buy thread on the back of Black rock coolers? Who is doing something, besides sitting on his arse and telling us how cool he is and who he knows. Get a life.
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013   #38

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Good spec sheet

Suggestion for Black Rock. I just went to blackrockcoolers.com and you don't have a good spec sheet. I need exact dimensions on the coolers. Take a look at Yetis spec sheet, it has dimensions at the bottom, top and interior.
goldcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013   #39

Belfair, Washington
Yes, there are some really cheap coolers out of Asia. We could have imported those and sold them for much less, but that's not the type of product we were interested in. (Buyer beware - I've seen some of those cheap coolers first hand - not what I'd want to put my two weeks worth of food in for a Grand Canyon trip...) The factory we work with has a good track record, and the coolers we sell are well insulated and well built. They're just a little more affordable than some of the bigger brands, because we're not sponsoring all those big hunting and fishing shows... Andy Black Rock Coolers
Old 04-20-2013   #40

Belfair, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldcamp View Post
Suggestion for Black Rock. I just went to blackrockcoolers.com and you don't have a good spec sheet. I need exact dimensions on the coolers. Take a look at Yetis spec sheet, it has dimensions at the bottom, top and interior.
We will work on getting better specs up, if you have any questions just give us a call.
Andy