Old 04-05-2013   #1

durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1964
Inflatable tent and trailer system

Dear Mt buzz community,

I am sure you will let me know if this is an inapropriate post. Still I know that rafters are amazed with the power of air structures. So I decided to put this one out there for our customer - Baja Mobile Domes. We build the air structure behind this shelter. But it is more than that. He has done some incredible engineering on this device. It was originally to be shown to the Mexican Government for Search and rescue work. BMD is trying to get our government interested in it too. So If you would like to have a look at a system that is quite impressive, and will enable camp in any environment, while still allowing you to haul all your gear,Please have a look. For the harshest environments and anywhere you can take your trailer.

See the setup video-11 minutes to set up the whole thing.

jpwinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013   #2

Jenks, Oklahoma
WOW, nice setup. Will they make them a bit smaller that one looks large enough for a circus to perform in.

okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013   #3

Denver-ish, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I could see a mesh sided version for mosquito country too!
yesimapirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013   #4

Tigard, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1995
Here comes the "Best way to pack your power inflator" thread. It is like a jumbo version of the Kelty Tents: The Mach Airpitch Tent - YouTube
TriBri1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013   #5

durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1964
Thanks everyone for the feedback on the rescue tent.

We have made many rescue tents before, but never with this kind of colaboration with two outside sources. I have felt that there is a need for something like this, but it has not happened untill last year When Jeff aproached me with the idea for the tent on the trailer. Jeff Actually recieved a grand from the mexican goernment to develope this system after they spent a ton of money or Chinese rescue tents that would not hold air, and had no warranty. Jeff has access to manufacturers in Mexicalli, and the tent Skin would eventually be made in either Mexicalli Mexico, or Juarez Mexico. Of course we make the inflatable part in New Mexico.

In the course of building and marketing this product, the mexican Govt has changed, and Jeff is trying to get the equavilant of Mexico's FEMA to buy into the project. After all they gave him the development grant.

That is the history. If you notice the stucture has a bottom ring that keeps the legs of the structure stationery. This is why we can keep the sikin on, and never have to
adjust it. In fact the skin is attaced with Velcro.

This immage shows the inside of the tent with the inside skin removed.

jpwinc is offline   Reply With Quote