Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Mountain Buzz Community > Partner's Forum

Old 03-28-2013   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhowemt View Post
Anyone will a brain should see this will likely be 6-7 days a week, then 7.
Anyone referencing potential intelligence of candidates and their brains should at least know how to spell, or use spell check. It devalues your argument when you can't or don't.

Did Nick mention the eye candy? Besides that obvious benefit, it's also a position that's a gateway into the WW / Outdoor industry. Most folks don't get hired on straight away to be the territory sales manager for a big company. They usually start small, working at or managing a shop, and have the opportunity to meet others within the industry. It's those connections that can help you to move on to the next level if that's something you are considering.

If not, just become a veterinarian so you can work flexible hours and peep cuties down by the river during the summer.

twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #32
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
I don't know what people are so fired up about. It's an outdoor-sports related management position for a young and growing business.

Do you know how hard it is to break into one of these positions? A long-time raft guide that wants to run a raft company full-time, year-round would love to have this experience on their resume. It's also a great year to skip the river, what with the dangerously high runoff we're expecting and all...

I hope Nick finds someone great and pays them $20,000 for the 5 months.

Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #33

Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Most management positions require someone willing to go that extra mile. Working 5-6 days a week is not unheard of. Especially, for a small seasonal company that is trying to be successful. I would guess the compensation would be similar to a comparable position with another company.

This is a great opportunity for someone to get into the WW industry. The contacts you would get know and the experience on your résumé would most likely be the stepping stone to your next job when you needed one.

It's wild to see people knocking this ad. Sure working 5 or 6 days a week doesn't leave much time for boating. But, last time I checked boating or days off doesn't help pay my mortgage or bills. That paycheck I get from busting my ass and putting in hours at work does. It also allows me to go boating when the time allows. This way I do not have to worry about if I can afford to gas up my car for the next road trip.

If you want flexibility, sign up for a part time job there filling up tubes. The OPs ad I'm sure will bring in the candidate that he is looking for. The ad outlines the position, for the most part you know what you are signing up for. I don't see anything wrong with that. Only those willing to put in the effort need to apply.
Old 03-30-2013   #34

Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
I finally read twitch's post

Very nice.
I agree 100%
erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013   #35

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch View Post

Anyone referencing potential intelligence of candidates and their brains should at least know how to spell, or use spell check. It devalues your argument when you can't or don't.

Dude, it's called GRAMMAR, not spelling.

Golly I wish my iphone had grammar check, it's so critical on the BUZZ. Actually it helps bring out the dead, and have them complain about nothing meaningful... Good thing you weren't around when CM was leaning to use his computer....

$20k, now that'll do it! Except for already wanting someone with management experience. That's partially what hung me up, the requirements seemed to exclude guides that want to move up. Anyways, it's boating season and we have water in MT/ID!

Shit I had to edit this TWICE to get all my typos corrected. Gasp!
Old 03-31-2013   #36

Paddling Since: 1994
If you are worried about it, you should have done it a third time.
Old 03-31-2013   #37

at my house, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbaird View Post
If you are worried about it, you should have done it a third time.
Nah, proper sentences, those are far beyond my care, I'm just talking major guffaws. At least I didn't leave words completely out of the statement this time. Back to not bothering....
Old 03-31-2013   #38

Zach - too funny. Especially since she really should have edited the third time.
Quote:
Good thing you weren't around when CM was leaning to use his computer....
It's learning, not leaning. CM has his own issues, grammar being one of them, but at least he's consistent.

And for the record, grammar is the set of structural rules that governs the composition of clauses, phrases, and words in any given natural language. Spelling is the writing of one or more words with letters and diacritics. So when your intent is to say Anyone with a brain, yet you type Anyone will a brain, it is a spelling and not a grammar issue. Like you said, if you're going to stick your neck into the buzz...

No complaining here. Just highlighting what a great opportunity this could be for the right candidate. However, if I were Nick, I probably would include the ability to speak and spell properly as a prerequisite. If not, there's always this
twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013   #39

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Twitch!!! That is awesome! My mom and g-parents read to me constantly and got me a Speak and Read, as a consequence I was already reading before I entered kindergarten.

Perhaps this is why I'm a spelling Nazi now??? I miss my Speak and Read.
Old 03-31-2013   #40

at my house, Montana
Argh, foiled again! I'm starting to wonder if I might be getting close to needing reading glasses. Seriously. The type is so darn small on this phone... This reminds me of FINALLY getting glasses in college. It's a funny story, but I'll be damned if I'm going to go into it and screw up yet AGAIN! The arthritis in my fingers makes this small keyboard so hard, and me so impatient to not really care. Getting old really is a bitch. And the cat sitting on my lap makes it hard to type.... And the....

Minutia- I don't believe a correctly spelled word used in the wrong place or way is caught by spell correctors, at least they aren't by iphone's.