Old 08-13-2013   #1

Eagle-Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Gore Canyon Race 2013 - Volunteers Needed

Hello Gore Canyon Race August 24, 2013!!
Summer is winding down and that means the 2013 Gore Canyon Race is winding up!! Eleven days to go actually. I am looking, once again, for willing volunteers.....There are many jobs. ie: Safety, Registration, Railroad monitors, Starters, Finish Timers etc.; contact lisa@timberlinetours.com. Rapid Image Photo will be in the canyon, as usual, taking race footage. There will be an evening slideshow to view the successes and the carnage!! For the second year there will be a SUP race Friday night; this was well attended last year. There will be extra SUP's available if you would like to race and don't have a board. Please check events on this site or go to timberlinetours.com for full race info. We have also changed the categories for kayaks, due to a thread I received; so check it out.

Hope to see everyone there; t-shirts will be given out to participants and volunteers and we will have "some" swag raffle giveaways! If anyone has anything to donate in this area, please don't hesitate to contact me.

See you in the Canyon.......

timberline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013   #2

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Gore race help

Hi my name is Kyle Kirby, I'm interested in helping out in anyway if you still need it. I can be reached at 989-640-2757 or kylkirby1@yahoo.com. Hope to hear from you

Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013   #3

Eagle-Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Gore Race 2013 Thank you to everyone

Thank you to everyone that participated and volunteered at the Gore Race last weekend. We had a great turnout for the SUP race and the Raft and Kayak race on Saturday. A special thanks to "The Safety Crew" as the race would not go on without them. Thanks to Lakota River Guides for providing me with some of the safety members and the shuttle vehicle to get up to the put in. Timberline Tours staff; you rock. The results are posted on the timberlinetours.com website under Gore Canyon Race and Rapid Image Photo did an amazing job with the pictures and slideshow as usual; see rapidimagephoto.com under special events. John posted a great video on the mountainbuzz site also. Thanks to the Railroad and Jim and Jay Yust for allowing us access to hold the event. BLM crew, you were fantastic as usual. Thanks also, to all of you that I forgot to thank. Have a great Fall and fantastic Winter. Hoping for a big winter as that translates into another fun summer......
Gore Race Director
timberline is offline   Reply With Quote