Old 03-04-2014   #21

Denver, Colorado
What would we do without Ian?
Getting stuff like this on my calendar early sure is nice. Let us know when and what we can do to volunteer.
-d

Old 03-21-2014   #22

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
We are on cloud 9 here at Bailey Fest headquarters. Snowpack is booming, gore is running a grand, and sponsor goodies are showing up in the mail. Its SPRING TIME!

I'm stoked to announce Bailey Fest's newest sponsor... Groover Juice! Michael Garnier and his brother are boaters that have a company that sells an odor control product that's designed to stomp the stink out of your groover. Everyone knows that after "what size cooler?", taming groover stank is one of the most serious questions in the boating industry... that and whether escalante is running yet (is it?). Come visit the Groover Juice folks at Bailey Fest. They will have some refreshments to stoke the party and are pumped up to show you what they have to offer. Thanks for the support guys!

www.grooverjuice.com

D, we will be doing volunteer stuff as the event gets closer, but we always need help. Will let you know.

deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #23

Denver, Colorado
Wait. Groover Juice is supplying beverages? They should really keep that anonymous.
Old 03-22-2014   #24

Denver, Colorado

Awesome video of 2013 Bailey Fest video from Ben Stookesberry. Love the Foamie race action!
Old 03-23-2014   #25

4CRS, Durango, Colorado
Wait, really? The same weekend as OR? For reals?
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #26

Denver, Colorado
Yes, same weekend as OR this year. I tried to do the weekend after first but the landowner had a family retreat and a wedding booked out the takeout party spot before I got it too, so that date was hosed. Sorry!
Old 03-23-2014   #27

Idaho Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverhard View Post
Hey, if you understand that the Colorado snowpack has something to do with streamflow, then you're dreaming with me.
The Clear Creek is pretty much natural flow. Natural riverbed is another thing though...

Oh, and I super stoked for Bailey Fest again this year!!!
livin_tll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014   #28

Denver, Colorado
Reminder... Bailey Fest is August 8-10. See you there! If you yardsaled your gear at high water, we got your back. Lots of gear prizes. Got loads of Oskar Blues beer in the works too.
Old 07-03-2014   #29

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Hey Ian - different competitions in previous years like most trash retrieved from river, etc. We should have a small prize for the boater that comes from the furthest distance! I know some southeast boaters have come in the past just for the fest and it'll be cool to invite folks from all across the country.

TOTTunnel

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Old 07-20-2014   #30

Denver, Colorado
Just got back to CO after two weeks off the grid. Getting pumped for Bailey Fest. Once again Marty Cronin has hooked up a massive amount of beer from Oskar Blues. Huge thanks to Marty/Jackson and to Oskar Blues for the support for Bailey Fest!

We will have loads of beer in cans at the takeout party and for the Bailey Fest Bootie Beer Battle sat afternoon. Will also have loads of beer friday and sat nights. I'd encourage folks to bring some beer of you own too... I've got the first 7-10 rounds covered, but you never know how many folks will show and how quick it will go. Major props to folks who bring some OB on their own to the fest to show some support for Oskar's.

Miller... good idea. I love it when folks come from far and wide to Bailey Fest. First 3 cars that show up friday with plates from east of the mississippi river will get free entrance to Bailey Fest... Limit two per car.

Tags
bailey