Old 01-30-2014   #11

. ., Kairotic
Sweet Ian! What day does the release begin? Maybe we can catch some high water early, like last year.

fullmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014   #12

Fraser, Colorado
Fuck Colorado!

Yeah! Fuck the environment! Fuck all those rivers who were killed to bring the water through the tunnel! Turn on the Tunnel and fuck Colorado! Yeah Bailey Fest! Let's all move to one place and make all the rivers come to us! That's teaching mother nature to mind her fucking place!

foreverhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014   #13

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverhard View Post
Yeah! Fuck the environment! Fuck all those rivers who were killed to bring the water through the tunnel! Turn on the Tunnel and fuck Colorado! Yeah Bailey Fest! Let's all move to one place and make all the rivers come to us! That's teaching mother nature to mind her fucking place!
Hmmmm…..hopefully you're just trying to get a rise out of people. Seems you visit Bailey somewhat frequent, eh?

a bailey 4th?
"Two of us from Grand County will be there at 10am and would like to share shuttle with you."

Bailey Monday 9/5 9am at takeout
"Jesus Christ. What's with the recent trend of alpine starts in boating? One of the reasons I like boating so much more than climbing these days is not getting up so early in the morning when it's cold and dark out. Can I convince anyone to meet up later: like 10 at least?"

Countdown to Bailey Fest 12!!!
"Forrest better make sure he's not playboating in the hole in 1st Falls so he doesn't get boofed on by a bigger boat. (only in jest since I can't afford a playboat and his loction under his name says "independently wealthy")"

Bailey saturday 9/3
"If anyone else wants to join, I'm meeting boating partners at the takeout at 10am tomorrow…"
Old 01-30-2014   #14

Englewood, CO
Paddling Since: 2002
True

Can't disagree with you foreverhard, any solutions? What's going on in Fraser that saves the environment? Things are definitely f'ed up but I would love to hear innovative ideas that might actually work.
Cheers!
sfornst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014   #15

. ., Kairotic
Hey fourorfivewhenhard,

I agree with you that what's happening to our natural environment is horrible, but swearing and screaming at people on this website really isn't a good approach to changing water policies. Most of the people on this website are far more conservation savvy than the vast majority of Americans.

btw your outburst in the thread about the Colorado snow pack was similarly perfunctory and sophomoric.

Cheers.
fullmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014   #16

Fraser, Colorado
Hey, if you understand that the Colorado snowpack has something to do with streamflow, then you're dreaming with me.
foreverhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014   #17

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by smauk2 View Post
That photo made it into KS? Did I get credit?
Yep. Thanks for the photo. Sent em several to choose from, and that's the one they liked.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014   #18

Near water (hopefully), Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsouthpaddler View Post
Yep. Thanks for the photo. Sent em several to choose from, and that's the one they liked.
Hot damn!
smauk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014   #19

Denver, Colorado
Flows will be up Friday through Sunday afternoon. They will likely get the tunnel close to full release by Thursday PM. Fuller, that Thursday rain bump run was the best last year! Love it!

Powder day! Hope folks are enjoying the snow.
Old 02-28-2014   #20

Denver, Colorado
Just got this back from the folks at 5.10... Sent them the pic of the Bailey Fest Bootie Beer Battle to win 5.10 shoes last year when talking sponsorship for this year.

"This was by far the best sponsorship request I have had all year. The event sounds like a blast and is definitely the kind of thing that Five ten is all about. The budget is tight this year but we can always make room for and event that involves drinking out of a boot and ends with a roshambo!"

Thanks Five Ten! You guys rule. Appreciate the support!

I really love the Bootie Beer Battle. Many paddling competitions are out of the league for your averge paddler, how many of you can do a tricky-poo? The bootie beer battle focuses on 3 core skills that every paddler has... swimming, beer drinking, and luck. May the best guzzler win!

Also, after careful consideration with the Bailey Fest Board of Ethics, the Bailey Fest Bootie Beer Battle will be open to all swimmers regardless of timing and location of swim. If you want to claim your swim at Bailey Fest, then get up on the table, chug an Oskar Blues beer out of your bootie, and vy for the 5.10 shoes in the roshambo.

We will be shooting for a world record for most bootie beers consumed at one time this year, so I hope you all participate.

Tags
bailey