Old 03-27-2012   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
2012 South Platte River Cleanup

The 2012 South Platte River Cleanup is on. The website 5th Annual South Platte River Cleanup | April 2011 should be updated soon, but other than the dates, the logistics should be the same as last year.

The date this year is Saturday April 21st, 2012.

There are a few things we could use a little assistance with:
  • If anyone works for or has any connections with companies that would be willing to donate cash, please let me know. Any little bit will help pay for food, t-shirts, supplies, etc. Please PM me or email zach at hpointventures.com for more details.
  • We could also use a few rafts with guides for a special mission. The Greenway Foundation is doing a land based cleanup that morning as well. They have a few special sections where each piece of trash is going to get documented to go into a report for the EPA. They will be documenting trash collected from the river as well as the banks in those sections. They need 3 or 4 rafts to carry their volunteers in those designated sections. Those rafts will be launching at 7:30am and will have 3-6 Greenway volunteers in each raft. Please PM me or email zach at hpointventures.com for more details.

We are looking forward to a great event and hope to see a great crowd out there this year.

zboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #2

Denver, Colorado
The website is now up to date. 6th Annual South Platte River Cleanup | April 2011

We hope to see everyone there.

Old 04-13-2012   #3

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Question for ya. (I was gonna PM, but figured your post could use a bump, and other people might be curious).

This'll be my first year participating. Can you fill out the registration/waiver the day of, or do you need it mailed early?

Also, is it effective to bring our kayaks, or do you prefer people on shore or in rafts?
WetExit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #4

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetExit View Post
Question for ya. (I was gonna PM, but figured your post could use a bump, and other people might be curious).

This'll be my first year participating. Can you fill out the registration/waiver the day of, or do you need it mailed early?

Also, is it effective to bring our kayaks, or do you prefer people on shore or in rafts?
Thanks for the inquiry. In years past we have done early registration, but this year it will just be day of.

Kayaks are definitely encouraged. All of the rafts should have plenty of trash bags/bins and kayakers can bring their trash over to them. A lot of the cleanup also involves getting out of your crafts and taking care of a section of the shore and then moving on.

Thanks again and let me know if there are any other questions out there.
Old 04-13-2012   #5

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by zboda View Post
[*]If anyone works for or has any connections with companies that would be willing to donate cash, please let me know. Any little bit will help pay for food, t-shirts, supplies, etc. Please PM me or email zach at hpointventures.com for more details.[/LIST]
  • We could also use a few rafts with guides for a special mission. The Greenway Foundation is doing a land based cleanup that morning as well. They have a few special sections where each piece of trash is going to get documented to go into a report for the EPA. They will be documenting trash collected from the river as well as the banks in those sections. They need 3 or 4 rafts to carry their volunteers in those designated sections. Those rafts will be launching at 7:30am and will have 3-6 Greenway volunteers in each raft. Please PM me or email zach at hpointventures.com for more details.
Hello all. We could still use any assistance available for the 2 things listed above. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2012   #6

Parker, Colorado
Any word from the water gods as to how sure they are we'll have float-able flows next weekend?
billcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #7

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by billcat View Post
Any word from the water gods as to how sure they are we'll have float-able flows next weekend?
It is looking like we should have between 150 - 200 cfs which is a great level for picking up trash. As of now, the weather forecast is looking great as well - 70 and sunny. We look forward to seeing everyone there.
Old 04-17-2012   #8

Right near the beach...BOYEEEEE, Brahbrobrahdo
O H ! Y E A H !!!!
Old 04-20-2012   #9

Paddling Since: 1994
cleanup flows

Dont worry about the level. Word is that we will have a release of water coming down to make the river floatable for the cleanup saturday. Should be a nice day, great food, good beer and a chance to meet some folks that may have actually gotten permits. Dont miss it, do your part to earn river karma points before the season kicks off.
Old 04-20-2012   #10

Denver, Colorado
Last round of pork shoulder will be coming off the smoker in a few hours.