Old 06-16-2009   #1
AQS

Edwards, Colorado
2010 All-Stars have arrived

Since we have been getting lots of calls lately, I figured I would post to let everyone know that the 2010 Jackson All-Stars have arrived at our Edwards, CO location.
Come by and check it out. Demo should be here soon if you want to take it for a spin.
Jackson Kayak - Kayak News, Kayak Photos, Kayak Videos and Kayak Stories

SYOTR.

AQS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009   #2

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
wow, 1200 dollars for a 2010 model that comes out in 2009? why is it labeled like a fucking car? think again its the best choice if you want to win the world championships. ahaha. funny. gotta love the if your not in a jackson you aren't boating attitude. cause jackson kayaks are the best hands down.

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009   #3

Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspermike View Post
wow, 1200 dollars for a 2010 model that comes out in 2009? why is it labeled like a fucking car? think again its the best choice if you want to win the world championships. ahaha. funny. gotta love the if your not in a jackson you aren't boating attitude. cause jackson kayaks are the best hands down.
Have you seen them in action yet? I'm by no means a Jackson fanboy, but that is a sick boat. The other pros in Lyons couldn't touch the Jackson guys in the new boat. Heck, the Jackson guys in the old All Star couldn't touch the new boat. Brian Kirk was throwing down hard in his p52, but he couldn't touch the amplitude that they were getting out of that new boat.

Overpriced...yes.
Should it have a new name... yes, it looks nothing like the original Stars.
And who cares what year they want to call it, Jackson's naming convention is already ridiculous so it is no surprise.
Old 06-16-2009   #4

missoula, Montana
Quote:
Honestly you took the the time to post this, Your a douche bag and your right jackson play boats are the best hands down! Why should you care, you should be to busy being extreme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quit bloggin and go boat your on here more than the gck add!
sorad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #5

Bozeman, Montana
must be a jackson fan, missoula. when you work have to work fulltime the buzz makes it better. so go cry to your momma better get your jackson out of the garage for once this year. maybe be see you at the bozeman festival this weekend. you are one extreme bad ass.

as i said above.
gotta love the if your not in a jackson you aren't boating attitude. i guess that matchs your attitude as well.
Old 06-17-2009   #6
Mut

GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Quote:
must be a jackson fan, missoula. when you work have to work fulltime the buzz makes it better. so go cry to your momma better get your jackson out of the garage for once this year. maybe be see you at the bozeman festival this weekend. you are one extreme bad ass.

as i said above.
gotta love the if your not in a jackson you aren't boating attitude. i guess that matchs your attitude as well.
Gotta agree with SORAD, Caper Mike is a douche bag. Ever since you started posting about your triple class five plus (V+++) first D I have thought you were a tool. Do everyone a favor and lay off the buzz and just go paddle. You rarely add any value to a conversation, if ever, and your posts are painful to read. I have no idea how old you are but you act like a 14 year old and write like a second grader. I am surprised you even have a full time job. Clearly your job does not involve piecing together complete sentences.

To rebut your latest comment, I am not in a Jackson, I have a WS ZG for play and a Habitat for creeks. I had a chance to paddle with EJ and Clay Wright when they were in town for team trials. Neither one of them ever told me to switch boats and neither gave me any attitude. Quite the opposite, both offered helpful tips on how to blunt better and how to throw McNasty's.

Who cares what they call their boat or how they label it? Are you really that caught up in their branding? Itís a sick boat, just like every other boat out there. So, stop being a bitch and go paddle.

Casper Mike, let me rephrase this in a way you can understand:

csprmke is a dooshbag and cant rite wurth a shit he is to hardcoor for the rest of us i am gratful he takes wurk tim to post his upinion on the buzz

Later, Tool.
Mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #7

Bozeman, Montana
now this is some funny shit. you can have you opinion i have mine. never bad mouthed the team or the boat design for that fact just the menatity. if you know what that is. guess thats how they sell there shit. if you want to be the best you have to boat the best. which is bs and not very good attitude to bring to the industry. boating to boat or boating to be the best? you decide.

mut, you done yourself good, guess im not the only "tool"

as ej said from his site."Beginner, intermediate, or want to win the world champs, this is the only choice worth considering at this point in time. Sweet!" yeah sweet
Old 06-17-2009   #8
Mut

GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Quote:
now this is some funny shit. you can have you opinion i have mine. never bad mouthed the team or the boat design for that fact just the menatity.

CM, you have me stummped. I don't know what 'menatity' means. I even resorted to a dictionary (you know, a big book used to find out the meaning of words). I could not find the word in Websters. Is it latin?

On an ironic side note, the closet word to where your 'menatity' word would fall in Websters is the word Menarche which means the begining of the menstrual function. That made me laugh. Here let me use it as an adjective (word to describe something) in a sentence:

Caspermike must be menarcheal, which would explain why his panties are in a bunch over the new Jackson kayak and EJ's marketing campaign.

Holy shit, I am funny.
Mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #9

Bozeman, Montana
mentality* since you obviously don't have a brain of your own..
Old 06-17-2009   #10

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Oh man, where to start. Jackson playboats are very well-made boats, but what should you expect when they put so much time into R&D into a company that really only makes playboats. I think most people would agree with me that the Heroes and Rockers are not great boats. Nearly every creek or downriver competition has Habitats, Nomads, or Diesels in it. If you want to win a world playboating championship, (which is about 50 people in the U.S.) then you should possibly consider a Star. The amount of air you can get in a Star is pretty impressive- but they cost at least $200 more than nearly any other playboat.

That being said, I am extremely tired of the Jackson attitude. I am not making this a blanket statement because I have extreme respect for the Jackson family and what they have done for the sport of playboating. This attitude does not apply to all Jackson fans either. Some of the groupies that follow around the Jackson team are honestly a little scary. I love how much they are into the sport, but honestly- maybe they should spend more time in the water than following the team. They show up everywhere with their logoed-out vans, RV’s and trucks, and it honestly makes me a little sick.

Brian Kirk and team Wavesport/ Dagger are bad asses. Hands down. They were throwing down at LOG in the playboat competition and kicking some serious ass in the creek competition as well. If anybody noticed, there were almost no Jackson boats in the creek competition, but almost exclusively Jackson boats in the playboat competition. That being said, Brian was doing some amazing stuff in his Project. And in case anybody forgot, Brian just won in Glenwood with his Project 52cx. So the star is NOT the only choice for pro paddlers.

If the star is the "only choice worth considering at this point in time," then you are probably disregarding what this sport is about. If there is going to be a monopoly in the playboating side of the sport, I'm going to have an aneurysm. Jackson has been around for only a couple of years and I have a feeling that their time in the spotlight will eventually fade. Wavesport, Liquidlogic, and Dagger have been around forever and make consistently amazing boats. Contrary to what some people think and feel, there ARE other parts of the sport that I think are more fulfilling than playboating. If you are sitting in one spot throwing tricks, you are missing out on what whitewater can offer.

Just my two cents though.

Rhynocerous is offline   Reply With Quote