Old 07-02-2009   #41

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
no i wasn't flaming your screen name just your insignia.

Action"not just a playboater" jackson

i bet you sport the fumanchu>

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #42

Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcaposwimteam View Post
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Our Edwards store just recieved one of the 2010 Allstars in one of their new color schemes. Tell me what you think!
I liked the blue and white marbled jacksons that they were rocking at lyons, but that thing is just ghey... tell ej to stop dropping acid so frequently.

Old 07-02-2009   #43

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
nmalozzi. somebody on uncle sid could do better than that. damn near giving sid a bad rep with that comment.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #44
Fred Gnarquist

carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdam View Post
Just wanted to comment on this statement by Rhynocerous: "Contrary to what some people think and feel, there ARE other parts of the sport that I think are more fulfilling than playboating. If you are sitting in one spot throwing tricks, you are missing out on what whitewater can offer."

First, I totally agree, but there is more to playboating than just throwing tricks. Its being out there with fun people, learning and pushing yourself. Just last night I was out surfing with a girlfriend of mine that I love paddling with for this reason. We paddled till we almost swam, laughed the whole time at each other when we got chundered and face surfed trying for the big moves or whatever, cheered each other on when we did something rad, and cheered for everyone else out there. True comradery.

I've spent some time competing in freestyle and met some great people, but its totally different than playboating. I don't care much for freestyle, its PLAYboating and being able to act like a goofy kid that I think are some of the great parts that whitewater has to offer.

On this thread, I should also say that I was in a Star for the past year and totally love it, but I recently got back in my Project45. I love the project and I can throw way bigger moves in it. A lot is personal preference. Nonetheless, I still want a 2010 Star when they come out! That boat looks sick, and I bet there is lots to learn from it including the face surfs and laughs that go along with not taking yourself or your fun too seriously. Kayaking is FUN. Its just that simple. Now get on the river. I'm off to throw big blunts. Ha!

Oh, wait...Caspermike, you really should learn how to spell...maybe tomOrrow.

Umm im pretty sure you completely missed the point... What he was talking about was kayaking.. You see there are other parts of kayaking then sitting at some tiny little wave trying to "throw down" My point of view of the Jacksons is that playboating is the only part of kayaking in their mind..... Pine Creek race 09... nick and ej left after time trials to go "train" for playboating, missing the real action. They are great kayakers, but kayaking as a sport is not all about playboating. What happened to going down river? Certainly playboating is part of kayaking. But for me, Playboating is something to keep you entertained when there is nothing good running.(Jacksons are damn good at playboating.. gotta give them that)
fred norquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #45

BV, CO
Paddling Since: 96
I believe Nick and EJ didn't want to compete in the head to head format cuz they didn't want to risk injury so close to the Worlds which they are both competing in. I can respect that. I also respect the fact that Bryan Kirk won team trials and Pine Creek...and I'm glad he didn't get injured racing.
Phil U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #46

lookout mnt., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Ha ha - I laughed at that.

BTW, I used to think the JK outfitting was pretty cheesy, too. But have been paddling a Hero since last fall, quite a bit on runs that don't suck. I've found the outfitting to be:
1) Very quick and easy to adjust, esp. if you want to let someone with a different-sized body take a spin in the boat.
2) Light weight (no, haven't compared weight of JK outfitting w/ what's in other boats, but there's a guy named Keith out in Cali that probably has. Oughta' be a separate thread, but wouldn't it be interesting to take boats apart and compare weights and volumes of hulls, outfitting, etc. - not just take the mfr's word on it?)
3) Comfy.

My $0.02. Stoked to be getting my new All-Star tomorrow, and will be out Saturday working on that flyin' 420 McDonkey Dick!

Action "Not Just a Playboater" Jackson
just taking about the thigh hooks mostly, those things need to be adjustable, not everyone is 5-6.
MCSkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #47

Edge o' the Dust Bowl, Oklahoma
Paddling Since: 1982
Roger that, McSkid. Good point.
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #48

Dekalb, Texas
the back band is shitty... lean foward/roll once and whoop.. off your back on your ass....
BooF4FooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #49

Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspermike View Post
nmalozzi. somebody on uncle sid could do better than that. damn near giving sid a bad rep with that comment.
noted... ej, start taking more.
Old 08-02-2009   #50

Vail, Colorado
Hey everyone its Andy at Alpine Quest Sports. Just wanted to put in the update that the 2010 Superstar Demo has arrived at our Edwards location. Come grab it and get some!!

elcaposwimteam is offline   Reply With Quote