Mountain Buzz banner

new at this

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  brenda 
#1 ·
I have been thinking about rafting and paddling for awhile now. I have lost about 75lbs and want to try something new. I have never done this before it sounds like a lots of fun. Can anyone help me on where to start and what to do?

Thanks

#2 ·
pool session if you want to kayak.
get on some commercial raft trips to see if you like that as well.

do you like to be alone or with friends drinking beer? if you like to be alone, kayaking is great. if you like drinking and hanging with friends rafting is probably the sport for you. not that you can't kayak in groups. you are just independent while you kayak. rafting you can have a lot of fun.

#5 ·
You could also start kayaking with training wheels, a ducky or a sit-on top, to get an idea if you like that. My decision to raft was mostly the comfort factor (kayaks are just too cramped and KILL my back) and taking dogs.

#10 ·
Carla Congrats on your weight loss. You've got good advice so far. Pool sessions in a Kayak are the best way to start there. Also The White Salmon River near Husam Washington runs year round(across the river from Hood River Ore.). The Husum falls section is a good class III run (get out above Husum Falls). There is an outfitter right off the highway. I would recomend themand that stretch for a paddle boat first. sj

#16 ·
Hello everyone,
I just talk to somebody at this great place called Emperor's Essentials and they share with me coq10 a natural supplement that gives you great energy and great stamina that is necessary for kayaking. I have heard also that is pretty good. Have you?

#17 ·
Carla...yes Co Q10 (also known as Coenzyme Q10) is thought to increase energy production in the heart muscle, increasing the strength of the pumping action. Most people that take it suffer from cardiovascular disease. It is expensive though. If you do decide to take it remember that CoQ10 is fat-soluble, so it is better absorbed when taken with a meal that contains oil or fat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.