Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Betty Buzz

Old 04-12-2011   #1
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
looking for FC / NoCo families to boat with

We live in Fort Collins and got back into rafting last summer after a 10 year hiatus raising kids. Looking for families with kids in similar age range to boat with, our son is 10 and daughter is 6.

We have a permit for the San Juan (Mexican Hat launch) for May 29 - June 2 with room for 4 more. Looking for a family to join us and start a boating relationship. Our old boating friends live in Salida and they are on a different school schedule!

I am also interested in finding another mom to paddle board with, I'm new to the sport but kind of psyched about it.

If your interested perhaps we can meet up in FC somewhere?

KariG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011   #2
Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Hi Kari,

We have a 10yr old daughter and 8 year old son. We are on the Yampa the week you are on the San Juan, but would be up to meeting up with you and your family for some Poudre runs this spring.
Have a great time on the San Juan, our kids loved that river.

muttster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011   #3
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Hi Mike,

Definately psyched to find friends to run the Poudre with. Calling daily for a cancellation on the Yampa in July too. I'll be interested to hear about your trip
Stay in touch. My email is Kari@wildheaven.com
KariG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011   #4
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Hi Kari,

Would love to get out on the water with you. We have two kids (ages: 3 yob, almost 6yog) We are pretty tied up during the summer but could get the raft out to do some filter plant runs with the kids in the evenings (or without). Otherwise, I kayak and am finding I'm really getting into paddleboarding. I have an inflatable SUP and would love to get out on the flat water or possibly Filter Plant? We have a good little "mom's paddle group" also if you would be interested! My email is: lindsey@raftmwd.com

Cheers. lindsey
yakmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011   #5
Durango, CO
Paddling Since: 1997

We don't live in CO (not yet, actually, but that's another story)

our kids are 6.5 and 3.5 and we just got re-into rafting last year after a long hiatus when the kids were little. Our kids did a few San Juan, Chama, and Rio Grande multiday last year

so fun! i can't imagine a better way to spend time with kids than to take them down the river...and the 'Juan is perfect. warm, great camps, mellow rapids but still fastish moving.

if you still have room on that trip, please let me know. we currently have a launch on the upper section (Sand Island- Mexican Hat) on the 25th, with friends that only have a very small window. but, we would be very interested in joining your trip on the 29th out of MH also...

Last year we had an early June launch out of MH and ended up finding another family right here on Mountain Buzz. it worked out great and we're hoping to get together with them for another trip this summer (although these dates don't work for them in Longmont)

thanks. I'll send a PM too

BLott is offline   Reply With Quote