Old 10-20-2006   #1
Ladies who like to boat Clear Creek?

Hi everyone,
First, I want to say THANKS to Holley, Claire, Anna, and Tina for moderating and getting Betty Buzz started.

Second, I've had a hard time finding other women boaters who like to boat Clear Creek and similar runs, and it would be fun to boat with other women sometimes. I know this is probably way too early to start thinking about next season, but would any women be interested in getting a weekly Clear Creek group together next season?

H2Obug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #2
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1985
Clear Creek

I just saw the Betty Buzz forum and yeah, I'd like to get a group of gals to paddle Clear Creek this spring. Let's see if we can make it happen!

Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006   #3
I would definately be in for a Clear Creek group- sounds great! Definately looking for other women to paddle with!
WW Lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #4
303, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I love upper clear creek it is awesome, I'd do that run anytime.
Lawson hole is amaizing as well.
Come spring we should all meet up.
CUkayakGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #5
Well, looks like there's some interest! Great! Let's get in touch in the spring and we'll boat. I also love Upper Clear Creek and would love to learn some great tricks in the Lawson hole. If you're interested, just PM me and I'll put together an email list and I will email everyone in the spring when the H2O starts running. Thanks for the replies!
H2Obug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #6
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I'd be up for Clear Creek in the spring. It was a bit much for me this year in the little playboat, but planning on getting something a bigger for the likes of CC (and improving my ability)... that is if you don't mind a CC newbie tagging along...

lmaciag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006   #7
Sounds like fun...

Count me in... Im a Co Springs paddler... but am looking to step things up and got to do Clear Crk for the first time this fall...paddling with some gals would be a fun thing... Hey Kim (Strider)... Katy Fitz
ktkayaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #8
Hi I just moved to this state I've been here about a month, I love to whitewater kayak and would enjoy boating this spring. My questions are where about is Clear creek? What class of whitewater are we talking about? I have a dagger RPM. My roll is NOT bomb proof. My desire is.
zanne41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #9
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
Clear Creek (the sections I'm pretty sure we're talking about here) has a number of sections running from Lawson to Golden. At varying levels, Dumont, Upper, or Lower Clear Creek would be the first sections you would do but I would probably make sure you are comfortable with your roll and maneuvering before you hop on any of these. If are looking for something a little easier but still want to get on Clear Creek, I'd recommend going from Tunnel 1 through the Golden playpark. Best of luck.

"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #10
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
I would love to join you also on clear creek sometime! Keep me in the loop...

Jenna1 is offline   Reply With Quote