Old 11-01-2006   #11
This sounds great, I need some more people to boat with. A girls group would be fun, and I'd love to get out and try some new rivers. I've never done CC, so please keep me informed as well!

outdoor chica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006   #12
Hi gals,
I agree with COUNT - you definately want to have a bombproof roll - it wouldn't be fun to take a swim (or to be upside down for that matter), because the rocks are really sharp. You also want to be in control - this isn't a run for new boaters. I would say that the sections from Lawson to Tunnel 1 are class IV - kinda creeky. Would you guys agree?

H2Obug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006   #13
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
I would agree. Lower Clear Creek has some technical spots and there are a lot of rocks in funny places that tend to mess with boaters who aren't really good at picking out the sleepers (Tenmile honed that skill for me). Upper is a little more technical but has a lot fewer FU rocks (but a couple more precipitous drops) and the best line is more likely to be where it appears to be, unlike the Lower. Lawson to Kermits has lots of fun technical paddling that offers a million different lines and approaches. I'm looking forward to seeing a few more ladies on the river this spring .

"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #14
I agree. I love the Dumont section. At higher water it is definately pushy and creeky style. A blast if you are solid. Not so much fun if you are not ready for it- A friend of mine got out after the first mile this year as he rolled about 5 times in the first section. Bonus is that it is roadside so getting out is an option. As the water comes down it gets less pushy but definately shallow- so you dont want to be rolling much.
WW Lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #15
Hey are you gals running this in a creek boat or play boat?

You know, it might be fun for us all to host(ess) a day on our home river next summer. We can pick a few days where we get together on a different river, and the local girls are the tour guides. Ladies days around the state!

The FC girls would be psyched to show y'all the Poudre...anything from Upper Mishawaka down the canyon (well, maybe not the Filter Plant), and also the Middle Narrows. Lower Narrows is fun too, but we might need to invite some boys on that trip, cause I'd hate to have anyone follow my line.
holley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #16
There are a few different sections. They all depend on the level. The Dumont section can be run in either a play or creek boat- I was glad I had my creek boat at high water this year. The other sections it varies- mostly creek boat for upper CC and black rock. Lower clear creek is mostly a playboat run, but does get up to class 4-.
Holly, I definately want to get up to FC to run the Poudre this year! I want to practice my boof- I here there is a good spot!
WW Lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #17
T ride, Colorado
Whatever holley

Whatever holley you pick great lines. Remember I'm usually behind you. You just can't stay within the lines
jenneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #18
CC & Poudre

Hola ladies,
I too would be into some weekend jaunts over in ya'lls neck of the woods. Looking forward to spring!

moshe is offline   Reply With Quote