Old 06-02-2010   #1
Sacramento, California
Paddling Since: 2005
Female Paddling Partners July/August

Paddling with the girls can be so much fun! I am traveling from California to West Virginia, North Carolina and anywhere else on the east coast where the paddling looks good. I plan to be paddling there July and August and was hoping to find other females interested in paddling.

I am taking a year off of work to paddle and travel. I like to paddle mostly Class IV, but am trying to step it up to Class V and also really enjoy Class III. I have started a blog called River Chica.

Riverchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #2
Wolcott, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I have long hair and wear a skirt. Can I join? Just think of me as a bearded lady!

JDHOG72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #3
Asheville, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 2004
Send a message via Skype™ to nckayakgrrl
get a copy of North Carolina Rivers and Creeks by Leland Davis for while you're in NC and Eastern TN- great book, he also just came out with a guide to North American that should be good but I haven't seen it yet. BUT I would love to paddle with you on your way through CO, I just got here from NC not even a week ago. I paddled III/IV there but its a bit different here. Hope to see you on the river!
nckayakgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010   #4
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Hey River chica, I am sure you will have no trouble finding paddling girlies (or guys that will wear skirts in order to paddle with you) but if you want the name and number, of a good friend of mine, in WV, I'll be happy to hook you up. He's a good boater and easy on the eyes too
Just let me know.. Enjoy your year!
"You know that old trees just grow stronger and old rivers grow wilder, everyday..."
ednaout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010   #5
Mountain Home, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2007
I might be in the TN WV area during the first and second weeks of August doing just that, paddling and climbing. if you are there then I would be glad to paddle some stuff! Wish I had more time!
agumby04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010   #6
Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Been a long while since I've paddled over there, but near Chattanooga, TN is a beautiful river called the Ocoee. I paddled the middle section and it was SO FUN! If you are touring that side of the country, I would recommend dropping down there if you have the time.... Here's some credible info from the AW site:

American Whitewater - NWRI - Ocoee Middle Ocoee - #2 Dam to #2 Powerhouse
boaterchic610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010   #7
Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Also visited this place during my trip to the Ocoee - Best surfing ever - SO BEAUTIFUL.

Be sure to do your homework on this place though because there are some dangers here if you are inexperienced. You should be comfortable in class IV water to have a good time here. Here's another link from the AW site with info.

American Whitewater - NWRI - Caney Fork 0. Rock Island State Park - Bridge above Blue Hole picnic area to picnic area

boaterchic610 is offline   Reply With Quote