Old 09-17-2007   #1
Ez or EZ G?

What the difference between the EZ and the EZ G? I know the EZ G is newer but are there any significant differences between the boats besides age?

projconn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #2
pnw, Washington
ezg is quite a bit more comfy on your feet

"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #3
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
performance wise yes, both boats would have there benefits. shorter boat will carve better but loses speed at the same time.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #4
nowhere, Colorado
I have the WS EZ and its all good with the feet, I believe it's 6'4 in length so it's long but I dont have any complaints about comfort.
tress33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #5
EZG is way better. I've paddled both a fair amount both playboating and river running up to V-. Downriver they're similar, but playboating the ezg is far superior. Not much of a downside to going with the EGZ.
doublet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #6
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
I love my EZG

I bought a EZG new this year after a demo, and could not have picked a better boat. I can't speak about an EZ, accept that I got in one four years ago when I was at a much different level, and was very uncomfortable. My EZG however, has seen 60 days on the water this year, and I had a lot of fun on runs like filter plant and Boulder creek through town early in the year, to running Gore late this year! It will play pretty hard, run big water, and I can stay in it all day long without having to get out. I started the season at 220lbs., ended it at 175, and it boated like a champion through the entire range (I am about 5-7). If I am to be a single boat owner, this is definately my boat of choice. If I win the lottery, I'll get a creek boat and play boat in the spring AND keep my EZG (here's to dreaming!!!).
Good luck with your search!

arkriverrat is offline   Reply With Quote