View Poll Results: Should we have Rafting and Kayak specific forums?
Yes, Separate Kayaking and Rafting So It's Easier to Filter Discussions. 135 63.68%
No, Keep all the discussions in the Boater's Forum. 77 36.32%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2013   #31

Unincorporated Douglas County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I don't care. I just stay always logged in and hit the new posts button. Then I just read want I want and skip the rest. Not a problem.

Old 06-04-2013   #32

Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 97
I paddle both crafts. Is it really that difficult to read a title and then determine if you are interested? The only people who have ever complained are kayak only folks. And their typical complaint is the "cooler issue"...... Then don't open a thread with cooler in the title.

Hey Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013   #33
Old Guy in a PFD

Tucson, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1967
So once you split, then the lobbying will start for splitting into sub groups; you know, like paddle and row, and cataraft and stuff.

Nah, looking for stuff on here is half the fun!

........Oh, and reading about crazy yakkers doing shit I can only dream of, intermingled with reading about crazy bouncy boaters doing shit I used to do.
Schutzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013   #34
No seas pendejo

Bonedale, Ra'do
Paddling Since: Nam
Send a message via AIM to Uncle B
Remember when the Buzz was a streaming feed of topics on just one page...thats when the Buzz was simple...segregation is no bueno...
Old 06-04-2013   #35

steamboat, Colorado
sick of raft chat. it killed the buzz.
latenightjoneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by latenightjoneser View Post
sick of raft chat. it killed the buzz.

The nice thing about splitting these topics is that if you aren't interested in one of them you could ignore that entire area of the board. Not even view the posts..

We've had the very same request and discussion every year for several now and I think it's time. The Paddling community isn't that big and we can find ways to accommodate both 'flavors" without diminishing either one.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #37

Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Funny to me, how almost everyone that wants to keep it the same are rafters and everyone that wants to split it are kayakers. Its also funny to me that its 62/37 for splitting, however most of the comments are about how the world wide web is gonna come crashing down if the buzz splits kayaking and rafting. Honestly, it kinda makes the rafting community look like a bunch of whining babies.

I think Ian's idea was spot on. Most of the people that want to keep it how it is, say they like reading both kayaking and rafting threads....Is it really that damn difficult to mouse over and click the kayaking thread, if Ian's idea can't be done? Typically, if I get on the buzz and look at the front page and see pretty much only rafting threads i'm done with it for weeks until different things populate.
justin.payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #38

I would say split it, but it's not going to matter because rafters will still give their two cents on every kayaking thread that they can't actually relate to. That's why kayakers are leaving the buzz. It's not that there is too much rafter discussion, it's the fact that rafters think they need to reply to every thread.
Nathan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #39

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin.payne View Post
Funny to me, how almost everyone that wants to keep it the same are rafters and everyone that wants to split it are kayakers.

I'll split hairs with the best of 'em all winter....

...but it's funny to me that people have such strong opinions while the rivers are flowing!
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #40

Telluride, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Is there a way you could flag threads as kayak or raft specific? ( required field when posting, maybe just allow buzzards to add this filter later) This way you could keep one forum but allow those who want to drill down a filter. Maybe it's a good idea, maybe not.