Old 03-26-2007   #41
Owner: Class 5 Carvings

The Fort, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Andy, those pages are great for the forums, I like the fact there you are here listening to all this, and the hide options are another great idea, let the people like me unclutter my version, and let others have it their way too. Holley, I'm not cutting down the chicks, I love it that they are out here too, I just want to hear their opinions, but Andy's top 50 forums page helps that. I can see how some buzz elitetards could be intimidating and push beginers, guys or girls, away from posting. Lets just let that be the only thing that scares them away from the site, not the site itself. Anyway, summer is not here yet and there is plenty of time to fine tune the beast, I guess we'll see what andy has up his sleeves.

P The K

Paul the Kayaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #42

Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
We're definately glad to hear what you guys have to say about the changes on the Buzz. A lot of what I've been hearing here is the same as what a lot of us think. It's just that the software came with a basic kind of "out of a box" format and settings. It's taking us (but mainly Andy) some time to figure out what needs to be changed and how to change it. The customization to the Buzz is taking some time but it will only continue to get better, in my opinion.

COUNT

Old 03-29-2007   #43

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNEK View Post
You need to add the wellsville gauge on the Ark to the eddieflower page. This is the gauge where it all happens. If you only could have one gauge for the ark it should be wellsville.

So why no Wellsvillle gauge on eddieflower?
The Wellsville gauge is live on EddyFlower.

Question for ya. If each Arkansas Runs has a guage/flows listed, why would you want the Wellsville gauge listed and it not be associated with a specific run?
paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #44

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Hopefully this isn't a threadjack but...

One good reason is that the Wellsville gage is the compliance point for the supplemental flow program. If its below 600 cfs during the flow program months, the managing agency should be releasing more water.
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #45

Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Prof, I was just bustin beans, bro. 99% of what I ever say here is just for shitzengiggles.

However, if it's all-out WA v. CO gang warfare you want...bring it. I have a switchblade and enough pomade to go round ("snap, snap").
Old 03-30-2007   #46

Right on!

Right on ... Internet + me new here and all that sorry for the rant and links
Good to know that Ive gone from scum to dead besides CO has a way bigger community and the guys in WA well we're very sensitive folk. So in tune with nature and crazy nonsense that it ends us with no ww parks ... like your fine state has.

Now that I think about it more in depth. Different States, Different Needs, Different Ideas and Different Relationships... I can dig that for sure. So I'll keep er shut on this one and just see how you CO folk get it done.

I will of course keep open the invitation to anyone who wants to boat in WA. You got a place to kick it and rivers that flow up here. Join us when ever you would like. Preferably May 19th for tha ball

And I will leave open the invitation to any custom requests you might have for flow data or beta tools should you have or want them for the buzz.

theprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote