Old 03-25-2007   #31
rhm

steamboat springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the Kayaker View Post
How many forums are we going to have to go through to find what we want? Anyone else have any feelings about this?

P the K
there aren't any more forums here now than there were before.

rhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #32

Somewhere on, Earth
Yo Buzzards, check out this page.
http://www.mountainbuzz.com/?page=boaters

It shows the last 50 posts to the paddling related forums (Boater's, Safety Alerts, Betty Buzz, Trip Planner, & Gear Talk forums). It also has a big fat link to the New Posts function which will pull up all the new posts since your last visit. It does not have any of the left column stuff. If you like it, please book mark it.

If you want another page like that (say with posts from every forum including The Eddy) let me know and I can set it up.

Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #33

Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Very nice, I like!
Old 03-25-2007   #34

Somewhere on, Earth
Here is another interface that shows the last 50 posts from ALL forums (including The Eddy).
http://www.mountainbuzz.com/?page=all_buzz

It also has a big fat link to the New Posts function which will pull up all the new posts since your last visit. It does not have any of the left column stuff. If you like it, please book mark it.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #35
gh

pnw, Washington
nice work andy
Old 03-26-2007   #36

like it, thanks!
holley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #37

The next zone, .
You need to add the wellsville gauge on the Ark to the eddieflower page. This is the gauge where it all happens. If you only could have one gauge for the ark it should be wellsville.

So why no Wellsvillle gauge on eddieflower?
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #38

RDNek, could you PM me the usgs gauge that you are talking about. I would like to add it to our site. Is the wellsville gauge a usgs gauge or different authority?
theprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #39

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Andy, Great option for the simple-look. Thanks for the work, and even though there is way more going on here, I think with options available like the page above, the buzzards will fall in eventually...
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #40

the no no post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastrdSonOfElvis View Post
Professor, you smelled blood in the water and went for the juglar. I like that. Your thinly veiled plug for your competing website was nothing short of shameless. My kind of scum.
Yo BSOE,

I figured that someone would think that, no biggie, but your a bit off. I am certainly no scum or shameless, I do feel shame just not for that post. I could whip out a CO site in 2 seconds but that ain't what the community needs, and certainly not from me. Obviously Mountbuzz is rockin it for this state and I would like to help if I can. I made a community platform for Washington Boaters, and guess what, your most likely not going to boat alot of CO rivers with folks on our site. I am guessing that is the same with mountainbuzz. Not too much Washington Boating here, so it goes without saying that it is needed to have regional communities. I would like to promote our WA community here on Mountain Buzz you are correct. And I would like Mountain Buzz to promote thier site on our community. I would hope that any boating community would welcome the involvement from other communties that have a solid interest in whitewater and paddling with other boaters.

I have offered to do link exchanges, help develop flows pages etc.. I will honestly do what ever it takes to make our communties better for boating anywhere. Thats why I started doing all this work in the first place. So long story short, am I trying to compete with mountain buzz? absolutly not. Quite the opposite. I would llike to work with Mountain Buzz to develop closer relations between our communities and any other community that is trying to get running smoothly and known by others. Am I doing things differently? Yes. I feel like I have too these days. Sometimes you have to do things yourself to get them the way you like it. Thats why Mountain Buzz is such a hit and why this thread is here. People want it different and Andy has the task of making it better while not somehow making it worse to people who want no change. Our site is much younger and I have started learning about this trend too, of course I doubt I am as exerpienced as Andy due to the amount of time I have been doin it. bla bla bla I did it again ... read some a post and made my own rant.. sorry.

Tell ya what ... I apologize for dropin the links to other States Forums, but I still feel it is useful and has no competition with Mountainbuzz. I shall however not do it again. Andy feel free to yank those posts if they cause probems or make folks upset. I'll just lurk from now on, as you might say in the Army, Over and Out, hooah ...

~J

theprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote