Old 02-14-2013   #61

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Can you add the latest pics back to every portal/forum? I never see the pics like I used to and now that they can be good quality again would love to see the pics without having to use the home portal or photo gallery. I use the 50 most recent posts and in the past could also see the latest pic.

kayakfreakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013   #62

Near water (hopefully), Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Bumped with a new photo, new resolution settings are very nice, thanks for the upgrade!

smauk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013   #63
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Awesome, the increased resolution is a huge improvement.

Looking at smauk2's upload, the photo resolution exceeds my screen's. In Chrome I can right-click and open the image in a new tab and it will be automatically resized for the browser window in the new tab, so it's not a big deal. It would be nice if just clicking on the image again did that though.

Thanks for making the change though, it's much more useful now.
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013   #64

Photos have been put back on the Boater's Last 50 and All Forums Together portal pages here:

Mountain Buzz - Whitewater Kayaking & Rafting Community- Boater's Last 50
Mountain Buzz - Whitewater Kayaking & Rafting Community- All Forums Together

Thanks again for the more detailed feedback. There was a rush to get a solution in place after we were made aware of an exploit in the old software and wanted to make sure everyone visiting the Buzz was safe. There's way more then 1,000 settings so lots of knobs to tweak to make sure this system runs right, I guess we overlooked these
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013   #65

Somewhere on, Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSC View Post
Looking at smauk2's upload, the photo resolution exceeds my screen's. In Chrome I can right-click and open the image in a new tab and it will be automatically resized for the browser window in the new tab, so it's not a big deal. It would be nice if just clicking on the image again did that though.
We'll look into developing a "mid sized" image so when you click on the thumbnail you get an image that might be like 800 pixels wide. Then, when you click on that it opens a new tab with the full size image. This would save us bandwidth and allow everyone to zoom into the shots to see the details.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013   #66

Somewhere on, Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSC View Post
We'll look into developing a "mid sized" image so when you click on the thumbnail you get an image that might be like 800 pixels wide. Then, when you click on that it opens a new tab with the full size image which will expand to your browser and you can then zoom. This would save us bandwidth and allow everyone to zoom into the shots to see the details.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013   #67

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Photos have been put back on the Boater's Last 50 and All Forums Together portal pages here:

Mountain Buzz - Whitewater Kayaking & Rafting Community- Boater's Last 50
Mountain Buzz - Whitewater Kayaking & Rafting Community- All Forums Together

Thanks again for the more detailed feedback. There was a rush to get a solution in place after we were made aware of an exploit in the old software and wanted to make sure everyone visiting the Buzz was safe. There's way more then 1,000 settings so lots of knobs to tweak to make sure this system runs right, I guess we overlooked these

Thanks that's sweet, great see the stoke again!
kayakfreakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013   #68

Mad Scientist/Creeker
Well, well, well. It looks like this all turned out nice. Idahofloater - apology accepted and no hard feelings nor would there ever have been. I love the banter and whenever we engage in challenging discussions good things seem to come, which is the hope for our film. And your welcome for getting the photo situation fixed... damn threadjackers! But that is an awesome and much needed improvement! I remember when I used to come to the buzz just to check for new pics.

OK, anyway back to the matter at hand. We've only got until tomorrow, Monday, evening to reach our fundraising goal and we're currently at 73%. Getting damn near close and if everyone who enjoyed these posts just donated $10 bones we'd be there! Thanks to everyone who already supported the project and I'm out to the airport as we speak. GO BUZZ!

Somos del Rio - A documentary film | Community Funded